Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Five Awesome things on Ebay this week.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Top Five Awesome things on Ebay this week.

Asteroids Halloween Costume- I can picture the designer at Collegeville just throwing up his hands and thinking "It's 4:45, they're getting this and I'm going home". That's why the mask for this looks like the infection I got on my back that one time I used the pool in my old apartment building. Here is the Collegeville Costume Catalog with all the other Atari characters in it by the way, they're equally inspiring.

More after the jump!

Planet of the Apes Kite- This kind of auction sets off and internal struggle, there's the guy who screams "OH MY GOD HIT BUY IT NOW!" and then the other guy (sipping tea) saying "Why? You don't collect kites and it doesn't fit in with your other Apes stuff" and then they wrestle sort of like the Two Captain Kirks did on that Star Trek. This happens every day and makes me very tired. Here is the original ad for these kites BTW

The Shadow Crime Fighter Super Jet- I have no idea what Madison Imports (a division of a pharmaceutical company!) licensed the Shadow in 1977 but they made a slew of cool toys that are mainly repurposed AHI Rack Toys. You can see more of the merch in our Shadow gallery.

Jason of Star Command Novel- I adored this series as a kid but man, it didn't even get a rack toy growing up. That sucks because it was ridiculously awesome! Anyway, this paperback book isn't hard to find and usually sells for twenty bucks or less, so that's something!

Big Jim Blitz-Rig: Intially Mattel planned to turn the Big Jim Camper into a spy headquarters for the P.A.C.K (at least that is how it's drawn in the promo comic book) . For some reason (possibly all the Sports campers still out there at retail) the Blitz-Rig just ended up as combination of the Howler and the Lazervette. I'm not complaining, it comes in an awesome box.

I have one of these in my personal collection, so unlike the Prisoner vehicle from last week, bid away confidently knowing I'm not sobbing on the other end....

Happy Shopping People!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • toothaction
    Career Member
    • Jul 15, 2017

Didn't see any more Atari goodies in there... me blind?
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by toothaction
      Didn't see any more Atari goodies in there... me blind?
      Hmm that's weird, here is the page:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I love those Shadow toys. One of the many '70s catalogues my mother received--maybe Spiegle's?--advertised them. If only FTC made a silver Batmobile...
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

The Shadow Crime Fighter Super Jet is great! I’ve never seen it.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

You could.probably get one chromed fairly reasonably...

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

That Asteroids Halloween Costume is bizarre.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Those Atari costumes would make prime Super7 fodder for toys.

Comment

• glimpy
                  Loco Chango
                  • Feb 5, 2012

I like that planet of the ape kite that's interesting
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎