• May 11, 2013

Could Grease be reconsidered for Mego?

MEGO GREASE.jpg

In 1979 Mego was planning to release Grease figures including:

*Danny
    *Kenickie
    *Sandy
    *Rizzo

and the Greased Lightning hot rodder. This never came to be but with the resurrection of Mego could we hope to see this lineup get made finally.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

I think we've seen that they're pretty much willing to license anything this go around. Especially old properties that they had deals with before.

So I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

its possible back in the late 90s ,exclusive premier did grease ,i believe it was sandy ,frenchie and rizzo ? .and a lot of exclusive premier lines have been done already with FTC -gilligan ,bradys ,dukes ,happy days ,
      Mego 2018- so far bradys alice ,happy days-fonze .so i would guess sure why not .

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I think that would be a good two-pack product as long as they get likeness rights with that license.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I agree that likenesses would make or break these figs.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Would love to see Grease but if they can't do Travolta it's not worth it.

PS, would love to see the Grease dream-car too

Comment

• mego
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 16, 2012

Seems worthy, heck, they should do Saturday Night Fever Travolta and the Bee Gees while they're at it!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

I believe that 2019 is already planned out by Mego. So, if we see one of our suggestions made next year, it's only because Mego was thinking along the same line. Maybe a suggestion of ours will be looked at and determined to be a good idea and put into production, but you won't see that until, at least, 2020, I would think. Just from a practical standpoint, they must have everything, for 2019, mapped out and most of it into some stage of production by now.

I just know that Mego says they're going to blow the doors off next year. I'm excited about that and look forward to see what's to come. My hope is that we see some 3 3/4 inch figures in 2019, but who knows. They know much better than me.

- Ian

PS. Of course, since I'm an "Emergency!" guy; I'd love to see that line, but I highly doubt that will happen...just like many of our other suggestions.
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

It wouldn't surprise me. But Laverne and Shirley wouldn't really surprise me at this point.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎