Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playmates 9" conversion

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Megotastrophe View Post
    When he walks into the room everybody's head turns...but his. He has no neck.
    Great Steve Martin quote!!😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
    Great Steve Martin quote!!����
    I only steal from people with the best stuff.

I wonder if it would be possible to get female heads on somehow? The Playmates sculpt for their 9” Uhura is fantastic.

I have a shrunk Captain's Woman head on an original Mego body. It fits great, as a shrink. Full size was too big, in my opinion. She just needs to get painted, which I can't do anymore. An Uhura shrink would be awesome!

Images
    http://megomuseum.com/community/show...ura-amp-Chapel

I used the naphtha shrink method, which requires no repainting. As pointed out in the thread, the new Mego body should make it even better.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post

I used the naphtha shrink method, which requires no repainting. As pointed out in the thread, the new Mego body should make it even better.
    I just reread your post and realized why I haven't been having any luck with Naptha. I didn't know you could leave the head in for days. I've been chickening out and pulling them after a couple of hours. I have a few of these in progress, the Naptha will be flowing tonight.

Those look amazing. The only thing I donít like is the neck size. I wonder if there would be any way to do something about them?

Images
    Blog Entries

Questions regarding the female necks: Would it be possible to trim/sand/buff away the neck--leaving a rounded head like classic Mego? Could this be done before or after soaking/shrinking?
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I bet it could be sanded down with a dremel then buffed smooth
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Lt. Moreau looks better because she has long hair and the neck doesn't stand out as much.