Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mister Rogers toys by Ideal

Images
    Big Mister Rogers fan during my pre-school years, but I was always confused by Lady Elaine. Was she an ugly old woman...or an ugly old man? The name never stuck in my head, just the visual.

Either way, Lady Elaine obviously liked booze. Look at that nose!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    It's strange, but at the time I didn't realize how similar Mr. Rogers, and Mr. Dressup were, but watching it now, I can see the similarities. Mr. Dressup has the same calm soothing voice like Mr. Rogers. I should try playing this at bed time to help me fall asleep faster.
    Mr Rogers was Yoda to Mr Dressup's Skywalker. True story!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    The Friendly Giant is another Canadian kid's show I remember watching.
    Attachment 23941
    Rusty and Gerome were on display for years at the CBC Museum. What irritates me a little is I found out after Bob Homme died that a) He lived close to me and b) HE LOVED IT WHEN PEOPLE VISITED. AGGGHHHH!

We had some solid children's entertainment up here, and I would have visited Bob too if I had known he'd be okay with it. Bimbo, on the other hand, is a little scary in retrospect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moVmHzcawvw

We had a Mr. Rogers exhibit come to our Strong Museum of Play here in Rochester. It was awesome. They sold wooden trolley cars, repro puppets, Mr. McFeely's children's book. My daughter was the right age, and we bought a ton. Unfortunately, that was years ago, and I don't think much of it survived.

I got to meet Mr. McFeely at a Con in Niagara Falls a few years later. He was in costume, and had no one at his booth, so me and my brother had an awesome chat with him about Michael Keaton's start on the show, and his collaboration with George Romero's crew.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Very cool, always thought Lady Elaine looked like Mr Punch.
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Mr Rogers was Yoda to Mr Dressup's Skywalker. True story!
    I wondered about that, watching a youtube clip.

One of my great regrets, though I live only a few hours from Pittsburgh, is that I never had an opportunity to meet Mr. Rogers.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Very cool, … always thought Lady Elaine looked like Mr Punch.
    She does! I was slightly scared of her when I was very young--she was brassy.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryWho View Post
    We had some solid children's entertainment up here, and I would have visited Bob too if I had known he'd be okay with it. Bimbo, on the other hand, is a little scary in retrospect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moVmHzcawvw
    Ha! I grew up with the son of an Uncle Bobby cast member. Bimbo still haunts my dreams as does the accordian lady, I hated her!

I forgot all about Bimbo the Happy Birthday Clown until I stumbled upon a YouTube clip a couple years back. That creepy thing must have given some kids nightmares. *shudder*