Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Very cool, … always thought Lady Elaine looked like Mr Punch.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
      Mr Rogers was Yoda to Mr Dressup's Skywalker. True story!
      I wondered about that, watching a youtube clip.

One of my great regrets, though I live only a few hours from Pittsburgh, is that I never had an opportunity to meet Mr. Rogers.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
        Very cool, … always thought Lady Elaine looked like Mr Punch.
        She does! I was slightly scared of her when I was very young--she was brassy.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MysteryWho
          We had some solid children's entertainment up here, and I would have visited Bob too if I had known he'd be okay with it. Bimbo, on the other hand, is a little scary in retrospect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moVmHzcawvw
          Ha! I grew up with the son of an Uncle Bobby cast member. Bimbo still haunts my dreams as does the accordian lady, I hated her!
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I forgot all about Bimbo the Happy Birthday Clown until I stumbled upon a YouTube clip a couple years back. That creepy thing must have given some kids nightmares. *shudder*

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Ok, I was too old for these puppets, (I was 13) and too old for Mr. Dressup.
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

I admire Fred Rogers. By all accounts he was a great man who helped many children...and adults.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Wait a minute, just wait one cotton pickin minute...NO QUEEN SATURDAY?? how can you have King Friday and no Queen Saturday, it's appalling, who do I write too?

Loved Mr. Rogers, I remember him being on after school on the PBS station, I can still picture him at the beginning of
                  every show, taking of his shoes and putting on his sneakers and tying them, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood,
                  won't you be my neighbor? obviously he never lived in my neighborhood, he'd be singing, won't you be my 2-11 in progress.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

There was a second, different series up puppets (1988) which included Queen Sara. They go for a mint on ebay.

Were you in Mr. Robinson's neighborhood? lol

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 15, 2010

I'd love to have all the Mr. Rogers puppets, but I never saw them in stores or catalogs (at the time). Meanwhile, I just ordered the Mr. Rogers' documentary, "Won't you be my neighbor," on blu ray. It got rave reviews in theaters and just came out on DVD/blu ray. I met Mr. McFeely/Speedy Delivery a couple of times over the years--once at an appearance in a department store (in full costume/character), and a second time at the Puppetry Museum here in Atlanta where there was a Mr. Rogers' tribute.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Mr Rogers was Yoda to Mr Dressup's Skywalker. True story!
                        Or GI Joe to Mr. Dressup's Action Man.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 1, 2005

I desperately longed for Mister Rogers toys when I was a kid, never knew these existed.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 15, 2012

Being from western PA, Mr. Rogers was revered. Mr. McFeely and Purple Panda came to our school for assemblies. Joe Negri played at local venues. It's nice to hear that others further away had that same connection to Mr. Rogers. The original puppets and a sweater are on display at the Pittsburgh Children's Museum if you are ever near. The puppets look very homemade in person.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎