Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING: The Limited Edition Collector Numbers Do Rub Off!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

WARNING: The Limited Edition Collector Numbers Do Rub Off!

I noticed the number 10,000 limited edition seal on my Mego Kelly Garrett figure had faded. I knew it wasn't like that when I purchased it.
    Since I had already opened it, and don't really care about the collector numbers, I did a test.
    I rubbed my finger tip across the number and discovered that it rubs off!
    I did use slight pressure, but no cleaning agents.
    So, if the numbers are important to you, you should take safety precautions and avoid touching that area.
    Here's some before and after pictures:
    IMG_20180916_151113.jpgIMG_20180916_151154.jpg
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

That sucks! Are you really Mr. Eraser?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I've bought some with no numbers. I hope this isn't why they have no numbers. I've seen them with no numbers in the store, so I assume they came that way from the factory. I saw a Wonder Woman a few days ago and took pictures in the store.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

It just occurred to me that some ebay scam sellers can alter the numbers, so say if there is a seal that says, 5421/10,000, they can easily rub off the 542 so it will now read 1/10,000!!!

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Make your own #1s, just erase all the numbers that are not 1.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• GoldBlade6
            Museum Super Collector
            • Dec 30, 2007

I'm pretty sure the spacing would be off...

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

interesting ...i feel bad the folks that actually found low numbers ,and thought they found something extra special ( the mego alone is special) ,but i dont feel bad for the folks that are trying
              to flip the figures to unsuspecting collectors for a great deal more then retail at this time regardless of numbers ,theres one jughead on ebay trying to sell the "14" wonder women for a $1000 dollars ,and
              now anyone can make their own no.1 ,by just rubbing off the other numbers ,i thought at first no way ,but picked up a opened package of a hendrix i had gotten and tried it ,well illl be this would have been
              a number 6 .i never cared about numbered figures ,i been through that 20 years ago with the playmates figures ,i didnt really care then either ,but i searched for some when i saw a bunch together anyway. the number
              on that old blister was spaced correctly still on the hendrix -weird .i got a FTC batman and robin 2-pack (removeble cowl/mask a couple years ago or so ,and it has a sticker marked #2 .kinda cool ,and then a while later
              i bought the Bruce wayne kresge & dick grayson kresge and they both were #7 of 200 .kinda cool ,but its novel thats all ,anyone can print copies of these little stickers who knows how .with the new megos
              its just easier .

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

All of mine are number ones.

...now!
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰