X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

A Man called Sloane

Somebody just had to mention that the Tony Nelson figure looked more like Robert Conrad. That inspired me to take on one of my absolute favorite shows growing up, "A Man Called Sloane". Robert Conrad was T.R. Sloane, millionaire Super Spy who worked for UNIT. His wing man was the Torque, played by likable actor Ji-Tu Cumbuka, who had a robot hand. Torque was a villain in the unaired pilot but he really clicked so he became a good guy in the series.

The figures are mainly a kit bash, a Michael Jordan Space Jam doll for Torque using a Jimi Hendrix body and a Henshin Cyborg glove painted Silver, Sloane is just Major Nelson with some Anchorman clothes. Easy peasy, can't wait to make their cards.

sloane2.jpg

sloane.jpg
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • cockyhoskins
    Career Member
    • Jan 13, 2009

Haha! These are just plain awesome! Well done!

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Ha! Those are great.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Clever, and nice to see Tony up close. I'm considering him for a custom, too.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I can see the resemblance to Conrad in that sculpt...that works very well, nice job! Now I'm thinking Pappy Boyington...Black Sheep Squadron!
          sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Looks great, very nice idea for customs and I agree that Nelson is a close resemblance to Conrad, would make a sweet Wild Wild West custom.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

nice, I remember seeing the pilot much later on and then wondering if I misremembered Torque being a good guy. Cool customs, Brian
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                nice, I remember seeing the pilot much later on and then wondering if I misremembered Torque being a good guy. Cool customs, Brian
                Yeah they shelved the pilot but later released it into syndication, so it confused a lot of people. I am not fond of the original Thomas Sloane.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, looks great! I hate to say I've never seen the series, but I like Robert Conrad as an actor, so I need to check this out!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Timothy2251
                    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                    • Mar 15, 2008

WOW! Very nicely done!
                    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Grimjohn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 28, 2011

Great job, Brian!
                      My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• battmasterson
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 22, 2010

Love it. Next up should be the Wild, Wild, West. Finding a Ross Martin look a like may be tough.

Comment

• knight errant00
                          8 Inch Action Figure
                          • Nov 15, 2005

Wow. Nice work. I used to love that show, and like most shows I loved as a kid, it was very short-lived. Thanks for reviving the memory!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by battmasterson
                            Love it. Next up should be the Wild, Wild, West. Finding a Ross Martin look a like may be tough.
                            As a kid, I didn't realize that Ross Martin and DeForest Kelley weren't the same person. Maybe a McCoy head would be close enough... It would have convinced a young me! LOL!
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                              As a kid, I didn't realize that Ross Martin and DeForest Kelley weren't the same person. Maybe a McCoy head would be close enough... It would have convinced a young me! LOL!
                              You may have something there. I've been mulling for years how to turn Bones into Ike Godsey...
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎