Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help with the Super Friends

Hawkman, Giganta, Atom, Royal Flush Gang, aren't they also doing Darkseid etc.?

Rima would he an excellent addition, but I suspect they've skipped over her.

Images
    They should do Rima. And yes, Fourth World villains were announced.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Looking forward to finishing this line! As a vintage-only collector who has pretty much resisted the whole re-mego thing, I gotta say that IMO, this is the best re-mego line ever. Aside from a few quality control issues, they're just near perfect and fit flawlessly with a vintage collection!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by megoat View Post
    Looking forward to finishing this line! As a vintage-only collector who has pretty much resisted the whole re-mego thing, I gotta say that IMO, this is the best re-mego line ever. Aside from a few quality control issues, they're just near perfect and fit flawlessly with a vintage collection!
    I feel exactly the same way about this line, it is my favourite thing they've done and I'm pretty comitted to the set.

Images
    I've sampled FTC from across different licences, including the sub-sections of their DC offerings...I'm impressed by their consistency which dovetails into their impressive quantity of releases overall (aiding collectors creating diverse displays and diversity of available product options overall...

...all that said, as a young as I can remember I was obsessed with toys and the SUPER FRIENDS show.... I could end up not buying another FTC SF, and (just as Brian noted) still hold FTC's SF line as being the coolest thing thing they've produced... its just inherent to my "soul" (How's that for drama!)

I await the finishing of the line with high anticipation... hoping that they reach as far as Rima when all is said and done.

As far as characters, and what "finishing the line" means to me?

I'm thinking all major/2nd string heroes accounted for would feel like an official bookend.

A few characters, like Plastic Man, Flash Green Arrow already have a good FTC SF figure equivalent, despite not being released in Super Friends packaging.

Has there been any visual teases of The Atom yet (he's a longtime TV fave of mine---I don't care how awesome Rudd's shrinking hero is)? Besides Atom and Hawkgirl (and the aforementioned Rima), I believe that'd round out all the major and second string heroes that appeared on the show.

Of course, SF releases could (theoretically) go on indefinitely with variants like Universe OF Evil as well as guest villains, which would be AWESOME. Apparently FTC are already starting this "guest villain" direction with Royal Flush Gang (I haven't seen pictures yet). A Joker with a new SF head-sculpt & non-pleated pants will appear with the RFG, I presume.

My personal vote for FTC SF villains? The "Terror from the Phantom Zone" villains Hul, Rom-Lok and Logar (those look like Austin customs just waiting to happen), and Orville Gump (the Ned Beatty inspired henchman from "Lex Luthor Strikes Back").

....and I'm sure there are other characters I can't recall at the moment that would enhance the FTC monster of a SF line if/when the time comes they've nailed the rest of the SF-appearing DCU major/minor hero characters who fought alongside the core SF group.
    Last edited by huedell; Sep 20, '18 at 4:38 AM.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by comicmike View Post
    Thanks Mike! And it looks perfect!
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Images
    Blog Entries
    I love the Super Friends. They remind me of eating Captain Crunch and berries cereal every Saturday morning. Of course I ate other cereals but that particular cereal reminds me of the SuperFriends.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-news/how-batman-and-superman-stopped-being--super-friends--225413206.html