X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Need some help with the Super Friends

I'm thinking about getting these, but can't figure out which figures are in a couple series...

Series One:
    Superman, Robin, Samurai, Apache Chief

Series Two:
    Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Black Vulcan, El Dorado

Series Three:
    Batman, Riddler, Flash, Captain Cold

Series Four:
    Toyman, Bizarro, Green Lantern, Cheetah

Series Five:
    Universe of Evil Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Aquaman

Series Six:
    Lex Luthor, Sinestro, Scarecrow, Brainiac

Series Seven:
    ???? -What figures were in this series? Can't find any reference to it anywhere, yet series eight was released.

Series Eight:
    Gorilla Grodd, Solomon Grundy, Black Manta, ???? Is there a fourth figure in this series?

Plus the Wonder Twins & Gleek and Wendy & Marvin.
    Is that everyone? Series seven is the big mystery.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

http://www.classictvtoys.com/superfr...onfigures.aspx

looks like there was no wave 7 or 8 so far. Just Grodd Grundy and Black Manta released individually. There is the Royal Flush Gang coming up with the Joker.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      http://www.classictvtoys.com/superfr...onfigures.aspx

looks like there was no wave 7 or 8 so far. Just Grodd Grundy and Black Manta released individually. There is the Royal Flush Gang coming up with the Joker.
      Grodd, Grundy and Black Manta say series eight on the cards...so they just skipped seven? Weird.

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

the best way to find imfo ,is check out the FTC site ,all superfriends figures are shown for sale in each series ,the evil wonder women & Aquaman are sold out .this a great series to get. you can study the assortments
        and see the variants as well that are sold on single or two packs ,three pack ,and 4 pack .

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Series 7 or next wave superfriends with Hawkman are due near Christmas time

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Who's left besides Hawkman and Giganta?
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 16, '18, 7:22 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by tllgn
              the best way to find imfo ,is check out the FTC site ,all superfriends figures are shown for sale in each series ,the evil wonder women & Aquaman are sold out .this a great series to get. you can study the assortments
              and see the variants as well that are sold on single or two packs ,three pack ,and 4 pack .
              Yeah, I did that...thanks. That's how I discovered that they skipped over series 7, at least with their numbering on the backer cards.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Grodd, Grundy and Black Manta say series eight on the cards...so they just skipped seven? Weird.
                didn't notice the numbering. Maybe Universe of Evil is 7? and then who is missing from wave 8 to not make it a 4 figure wave? Hawkman? Atom? Rima?
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Atom and Rima would be good. Green Arrow and Plastic Man are also options.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    didn't notice the numbering. Maybe Universe of Evil is 7? and then who is missing from wave 8 to not make it a 4 figure wave? Hawkman? Atom? Rima?
                    Universe of Evil is series 5...I have no idea why they skipped 7, unless those figures were already planned but not final.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 21, 2017

Hawkman, Giganta, Atom, Royal Flush Gang, aren't they also doing Darkseid etc.?

Rima would he an excellent addition, but I suspect they've skipped over her.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

They should do Rima. And yes, Fourth World villains were announced.

Comment

• megoat
                          A Therefore Experience
                          • Jun 10, 2003

Looking forward to finishing this line! As a vintage-only collector who has pretty much resisted the whole re-mego thing, I gotta say that IMO, this is the best re-mego line ever. Aside from a few quality control issues, they're just near perfect and fit flawlessly with a vintage collection!

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by megoat
                            Looking forward to finishing this line! As a vintage-only collector who has pretty much resisted the whole re-mego thing, I gotta say that IMO, this is the best re-mego line ever. Aside from a few quality control issues, they're just near perfect and fit flawlessly with a vintage collection!
                            I feel exactly the same way about this line, it is my favourite thing they've done and I'm pretty comitted to the set.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

I've sampled FTC from across different licences, including the sub-sections of their DC offerings...I'm impressed by their consistency which dovetails into their impressive quantity of releases overall (aiding collectors creating diverse displays and diversity of available product options overall...

...all that said, as a young as I can remember I was obsessed with toys and the SUPER FRIENDS show.... I could end up not buying another FTC SF, and (just as Brian noted) still hold FTC's SF line as being the coolest thing thing they've produced... its just inherent to my "soul" (How's that for drama!)

I await the finishing of the line with high anticipation... hoping that they reach as far as Rima when all is said and done.

As far as characters, and what "finishing the line" means to me?

I'm thinking all major/2nd string heroes accounted for would feel like an official bookend.

A few characters, like Plastic Man, Flash Green Arrow already have a good FTC SF figure equivalent, despite not being released in Super Friends packaging.

Has there been any visual teases of The Atom yet (he's a longtime TV fave of mine---I don't care how awesome Rudd's shrinking hero is)? Besides Atom and Hawkgirl (and the aforementioned Rima), I believe that'd round out all the major and second string heroes that appeared on the show.

Of course, SF releases could (theoretically) go on indefinitely with variants like Universe OF Evil as well as guest villains, which would be AWESOME. Apparently FTC are already starting this "guest villain" direction with Royal Flush Gang (I haven't seen pictures yet). A Joker with a new SF head-sculpt & non-pleated pants will appear with the RFG, I presume.

My personal vote for FTC SF villains? The "Terror from the Phantom Zone" villains Hul, Rom-Lok and Logar (those look like Austin customs just waiting to happen), and Orville Gump (the Ned Beatty inspired henchman from "Lex Luthor Strikes Back").

....and I'm sure there are other characters I can't recall at the moment that would enhance the FTC monster of a SF line if/when the time comes they've nailed the rest of the SF-appearing DCU major/minor hero characters who fought alongside the core SF group.
                              Last edited by huedell; Sep 20, '18, 4:38 AM.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎