X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

AHI/Lincoln Mummy bandages??

I was lucky enough to replace a childhood AHI Mummy but the new find has no bandages. I have bought the wrong stuff a few times now trying to replace the missing bandages. Can anyone recommend a good replacement? What's best to use for a replacement and from where? Any opinions?
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Bueller?????????????????? Beuller? ??????? I heard he's real sick.

Comment

• Z-man 307
      Museum Super Collector
      • Mar 15, 2010

This is not what you asked about, but your post brought up a fond memory. When I was a kid, my AHI Mummy bandages got messed up in some fashion and I recovered him in white medical tape and I remember him looking really cool.

Again, that doesn't help your cause, but maybe some type of medical gauze would work?

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by Z-man 307
        This is not what you asked about, but your post brought up a fond memory. When I was a kid, my AHI Mummy bandages got messed up in some fashion and I recovered him in white medical tape and I remember him looking really cool.

Again, that doesn't help your cause, but maybe some type of medical gauze would work?
        Thanks for the is idea but I want to be able to move him. It's a 1st issue with bent arm. There are several different types of gauze and I have so far been able to buy the wrong kind over and over. I may have to make my own but was aiming for the factory look.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm sure Palitoy can advise you better, but as I look at most AHI Mummies online, I don't think it's gauze at all. It looks to me like cheap, tan cotton broadcloth, treated with sizing and cut into strips. As to whether the wraps are fastened or merely wrapped and tucked around the figure, I have no idea.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I'm sure Palitoy can advise you better, but as I look at most AHI Mummies online, I don't think it's gauze at all. It looks to me like cheap, tan cotton broadcloth, treated with sizing and cut into strips. As to whether the wraps are fastened or merely wrapped and tucked around the figure, I have no idea.
            I remember having the ahi Mummy and the bandages looked tightly wrapped and the back had a piece of white tape.
            I think PNGwynne is correct in saying tan or white cotton cloth and to hold it together, go with a small piece of the
            white medical tape, jmo.

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

Thanks for your input guys! I don't know why but for some reason was thinking it needed to be one long strip. I'll just cut up some cloth strips and give it a try. Gauze is not the right stuff for sure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I think is must be a series of strips and some strategic tape. Thanks for the facts, TJ.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Not sure what fabric you want to use, but Joanne's had some Halloween cheesecloth fabrics in white and offwhite/cream/tan that could work well for mummy cloth and that off-white color looks like aged/soiled white cloth to give it that ages/mummified look if that is what you are going for. I bought a package of it to use for some other undead D&D customs I had in mind, and a mummy was one I thought of, but I am not sure how well it will match the original AHI fabric.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by MRP
                    Not sure what fabric you want to use, but Joanne's had some Halloween cheesecloth fabrics in white and offwhite/cream/tan that could work well for mummy cloth and that off-white color looks like aged/soiled white cloth to give it that ages/mummified look if that is what you are going for. I bought a package of it to use for some other undead D&D customs I had in mind, and a mummy was one I thought of, but I am not sure how well it will match the original AHI fabric.

-M
                    Cheesecloth!!! I think you hit the nail on the head. The Mummies I've seen all look like this is the fabric they used.
                    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎