Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: AHI/Lincoln Mummy bandages??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 22, 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,713

    AHI/Lincoln Mummy bandages??

    I was lucky enough to replace a childhood AHI Mummy but the new find has no bandages. I have bought the wrong stuff a few times now trying to replace the missing bandages. Can anyone recommend a good replacement? What's best to use for a replacement and from where? Any opinions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 22, 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,713
    Bueller?????????????????? Beuller? ??????? I heard he's real sick.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 15, 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    70
    Images
    9
    This is not what you asked about, but your post brought up a fond memory. When I was a kid, my AHI Mummy bandages got messed up in some fashion and I recovered him in white medical tape and I remember him looking really cool.

    Again, that doesn't help your cause, but maybe some type of medical gauze would work?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 22, 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-man 307 View Post
    This is not what you asked about, but your post brought up a fond memory. When I was a kid, my AHI Mummy bandages got messed up in some fashion and I recovered him in white medical tape and I remember him looking really cool.

    Again, that doesn't help your cause, but maybe some type of medical gauze would work?
    Thanks for the is idea but I want to be able to move him. It's a 1st issue with bent arm. There are several different types of gauze and I have so far been able to buy the wrong kind over and over. I may have to make my own but was aiming for the factory look.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 5, 2008
    Location
    near Akron
    Posts
    13,221
    Images
    1
    Blog Entries
    2
    I'm sure Palitoy can advise you better, but as I look at most AHI Mummies online, I don't think it's gauze at all. It looks to me like cheap, tan cotton broadcloth, treated with sizing and cut into strips. As to whether the wraps are fastened or merely wrapped and tucked around the figure, I have no idea.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 20, 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    5,192
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I'm sure Palitoy can advise you better, but as I look at most AHI Mummies online, I don't think it's gauze at all. It looks to me like cheap, tan cotton broadcloth, treated with sizing and cut into strips. As to whether the wraps are fastened or merely wrapped and tucked around the figure, I have no idea.
    I remember having the ahi Mummy and the bandages looked tightly wrapped and the back had a piece of white tape.
    I think PNGwynne is correct in saying tan or white cotton cloth and to hold it together, go with a small piece of the
    white medical tape, jmo.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 22, 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,713
    Thanks for your input guys! I don't know why but for some reason was thinking it needed to be one long strip. I'll just cut up some cloth strips and give it a try. Gauze is not the right stuff for sure.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 5, 2008
    Location
    near Akron
    Posts
    13,221
    Images
    1
    Blog Entries
    2
    Yes, I think is must be a series of strips and some strategic tape. Thanks for the facts, TJ.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 19, 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,073
    Not sure what fabric you want to use, but Joanne's had some Halloween cheesecloth fabrics in white and offwhite/cream/tan that could work well for mummy cloth and that off-white color looks like aged/soiled white cloth to give it that ages/mummified look if that is what you are going for. I bought a package of it to use for some other undead D&D customs I had in mind, and a mummy was one I thought of, but I am not sure how well it will match the original AHI fabric.

    -M

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 3, 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,484
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Not sure what fabric you want to use, but Joanne's had some Halloween cheesecloth fabrics in white and offwhite/cream/tan that could work well for mummy cloth and that off-white color looks like aged/soiled white cloth to give it that ages/mummified look if that is what you are going for. I bought a package of it to use for some other undead D&D customs I had in mind, and a mummy was one I thought of, but I am not sure how well it will match the original AHI fabric.

    -M
    Cheesecloth!!! I think you hit the nail on the head. The Mummies I've seen all look like this is the fabric they used.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •