X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steeler80
    Mayor of Strunk
    • Jun 29, 2001

Originally posted by Brown Bear
    I’ve always called it Meg-o because I assumed it rhymed with Lego. Even since I was corrected about fifteen years ago I admit it’s been a hard habit to break.
    I think it was Brian who (gently) corrected me on the pronunciation back when there was a Friday night group chat. Or maybe it wasn't Brian. Too many nights since then!

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      Just to let you know this thread is moot, because the new Greg package specifically says that the name is pronounced "Meego". Me go. Two words combined into one. Please say it correctly, and correct anybody you hear mispronounce it.
      Actually, this is what is written on the back of the Greg Brady package:

Marty Abrams, AKA the father of the action figure, has relaunched these figures in response to overwhelming demand. Mego (pronounced "Meego") Corp., was started by his father, David Abrams, in 1954 and named by his younger brother, Howard, who would say "me go too". Howard later became the head of sales for the company. Mego Corp. sold over 20 million of its now standard 8" action heroes world wide and Mego Corporation is proud to take over that fine heritage today.
      As you can see, the "Meego" pronunciation is clearly referring to the "Mego Corp" company founded in 1954 by David Abrams. The "Mego Corporation" at the end of the last sentence is the new company founded in 2018 by Marty and Doc. They do not specify a pronunciation for that Mego. I can only assume they are pointing out the old pronunciation to highlight the distinction between the old name and the new name.

(Silly Lonnie... you can't counter an irrational idea with facts! )

Comment

• k2
        Career Member
        • Sep 12, 2007

hey sprytel, still haven’t seen anything
        yeah i go to odd balls all the time... reall makes me wish i was rich! still fun to go and look around for an hour or so

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by k2
          completely off topic, have you seen any wave 2 around Richmond?
          Starting to show up this weekend...

Found Spock, Greg Brady, and Samantha at the Short Pump Target.
          Found Spock, Greg Brady, the new Charmed figure, Green Lantern, and Poison Ivy at the Staples Mill Target.
          Found the Wizard of Oz set (and nothing else) at the Westchester Commons Target.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎