Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Awesome things on Ebay this week

Plaid Stallions 5 Awesome things on Ebay this week

The best part of the interwebs for me is window shopping (and watching those thermal camera fart videos- never not funny!), so justify my time wasting with this week's top five!

Knock off Planet of the Apes mask from Japan- I know nothing of rubber masks except that i really like them and would love to have the funds/space to collect them. Stuff like this makes it crazy hard to resist it.

More after the jump

Muton Costume for Cyborg - If you're not familiar with Denys Fisher Cyborg toys, check out this, then come back and drool with me. I've attempted to collect these but I lose focus easy. You can fall in love with this line in our awesome Denys Fisher Cyborg gallery.

Foreign Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man poster- I have had one of these hanging in my son's bedroom since he was born and wow it has paid off, that kid could spell "Pataki" before he was toilet trained!

Mattel Sea Devils- After the Space Craze died, Mattel turned the Major Matt Mason line into scuba characters complete with underwater aliens and cool robot sharks. Even though this line came out when I still had an umbilicle cord, i am really drawn to it.

And Finally....

I found a copy of my book Rack Toys in a box recently, it's the last copy in the universe that i'll ever sell and I am auctioning it off. I plan to put all proceeds in my kid's college fund which is sort of the antithesis of this book. I'll sign it and include some goodies, maybe even a real life rack toy!

Thanks for enabling! More goodies next week!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    I had no idea about the Denys Fisher Cyborg line! I knew about Henshin Cyborg, but not this! And I always wondered how Mattel got around using Sea Devils as a name for their scuba-centric toyline, since DC had characters with a similar theme years before!

Chris
    Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Sep 14, '18 at 2:00 PM.
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I had no idea about the Denys Fisher Cyborg line! I knew about Henshin Cyborg, but not this! And I always wondered how Mattel got around using Sea Devils as a name for their scuba-centric toyline, since DC had characters with a similar theme years before!

Chris
    I doubt DC had the forsight to register the name for toys. That wouldn't happen now.

Images
    Thanks for putting this together. Its a fun read.

I enjoy your lists, certainly some quirky items, I tell U one thing, I jumped on the Denys Fisher Cyborg stuff when I was working in the Uk, and practically have the whole lot now. Picked them all up in minty condition(loose) for some normal money. Actually picked my 6 cyborg up for around $60 the other day

Images
    Funny... I had looked at the Sea Devils auction this morning....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I enjoy your lists, certainly some quirky items, I tell U one thing, I jumped on the Denys Fisher Cyborg stuff when I was working in the Uk, and practically have the whole lot now. Picked them all up in minty condition(loose) for some normal money. Actually picked my 6 cyborg up for around $60 the other day
    They are cool, I have several of them as well. Never did pick up the UFO/Cybo Invader... just couldn't find one cheap enough

So Cyborg is sort of like 9 inch Micronauts then? Or am I oversimplifying? Looks pretty cool.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Love the mask and the Sea Devils set...especially the Sea Devils. Thanks for sharing these.

I’m ashamed to say that I have not purchased and read your Rack Toys book. I’ll check out the auction.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post

Muton Costume for Cyborg - If you're not familiar with Denys Fisher Cyborg toys, check out this, then come back and drool with me. I've attempted to collect these but I lose focus easy. You can fall in love with this line in our awesome Denys Fisher Cyborg gallery.
    Heh, I'm the same way. Several years back I started to put together a collection of these but bailed about half way through and sold them all. A great toy line but I just have enough on my plate as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    So Cyborg is sort of like 9 inch Micronauts then? Or am I oversimplifying? Looks pretty cool.
    That's basically it. Denys Fisher took the 9" Shonen Cyborg (loosely translated as "Kid Cyborg", think Action Boy in the Captain Action line) figures from Takara's 12" Henshin Cyborg line, and shrunk down some of the 12" Henshin figures and costumes to 9" scale.
    Last edited by cjefferys; Sep 14, '18 at 8:32 PM.