Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any interest in passing around a traveling MEGO Action Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

any interest in passing around a traveling MEGO Action Jackson?

Hiya folks - many years back, one of the museum members used to host an annual traveling MEGO. Members would sign up and then the figure would get mailed from place to place and at the end there would be a name-drawing raffle sort of thing and one of the participants would get to keep the figure.

This was just one of the many ways (Mego Meet, trading cards, secret santa, etc) that the Mego Museum community had fun celebrating their favorite toys. I think the last time this was done was around 2010 or so, and I thought it might be fun to resurrect this idea and send one of the new Action Jacksons around on a tour of the community if there was any interest in doing this.

I posted a thread about this a little bit ago in the new MEGO corp forum, but I think it might have gotten buried by the chatter concerning what stuff is showing up from waves 1 and 2.

So - I thought I would try one more time to see if there was any interest in having a traveling AJ come to visit your humble home and collection for a bit.

have a GOOD time - rche
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Id be up for it, adventures in warsaw Poland

Comment

• generic
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 25, 2009

I love the idea! I remember seeing photos last time of visits to a variety of cities. It was a fun idea. Did the last traveling Mego end up MIA?
      Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by generic
        I love the idea! I remember seeing photos last time of visits to a variety of cities. It was a fun idea. Did the last traveling Mego end up MIA?
        I can't speak for the last travelers final whereabouts as I was not involved with that. I remember there were a couple of standard issue Megos, Spock and Glinda come to mind, and there was also a custom Mego at least one year.

Comment

• jquest
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 19, 2007

I would be up for this!! I was part of a Traveling heroes Marvel Legends Daredevil, a couple of years ago. He traveled from member to member for a little while, I even took him to the San Diego Comic Con, and posted pictures, but after awhile it was hard to get members to keep it going, and in the end, the last person it was shipped to, stopped all communications with the group and ended up keeping the figure.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Sounds like a good idea, but my AJ is making the rounds in TX since I take my nephew around on daytrips to expose him to the world around him. I would love to see AJ around the world.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

I have an AJ on my desk right now who is ready to travel. However, the response has been a bit flat, so I am not sure he is going to go too far.
              So far only 4 folks have expressed any interest in this and one of those is overseas, which makes shipping a little tough.
              I am going to let this thread kick around a little longer, and if I can scare up some more interest, maybe at least 10 members to visit, then I will contact everyone and get the ball rolling.

SAM_0573.jpgSAM_0574.jpg

Originally posted by monitor_ep
              Sounds like a good idea, but my AJ is making the rounds in TX since I take my nephew around on daytrips to expose him to the world around him. I would love to see AJ around the world.
              Last edited by rche; Sep 24, '18, 9:18 PM.

Comment

• generic
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by rche
                I have an AJ on my desk right now who is ready to travel. However, the response has been a bit flat, so I am not sure he is going to go too far.
                So far only 4 folks have expressed any interest in this and one of those is overseas, which makes shipping a little tough.
                I am going to let this thread kick around a little longer, and if I can scare up some more interest, maybe at least 10 members to visit, then I will contact everyone and get the ball rolling.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23961[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23962[/ATTACH]
                I definitely understand wanting to get more interest, but it may be a case of interest coming once the photos start rolling in.

I should have some very interesting locations for a traveling Mego the middle week of October. If this one doesn't get off the ground, I should round up a vintage Mego to bring along for photos (all of my new Megos are still carded). If nothing else, this thread has motivated me to bring along a friend for my adventures -Haha!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

I'd probably be down for a visit. Maybe I could take him parachuting in the forest somewhere around here. I have yet to use my Action Jackson parachute with anybody. I think he would survive...

Comment

• generic
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    I'd probably be down for a visit. Maybe I could take him parachuting in the forest somewhere around here. I have yet to use my Action Jackson parachute with anybody. I think he would survive...
                    That would make a great photo shoot!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by generic
                      That would make a great photo shoot!
                      I agree!

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

We did this years ago.

Someone sent a headless figure to someone who added a head. Then they took it around their hometown and took pics and posted them. Then they in turn sent it to someone else who added a piece of clothing and took photos around their town and posted them. They in turn mailed it to the next person who added soemthing and so on and so on. I got it and added a scarecrow hat and took it around Montgomery here. I sent it off and we never saw it again.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• wyatterb
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 2, 2001

Back in 2007, 2008, and 2009 I ran the Traveling Mego "Program" I've got pics of the finished figures from 2007. I have the figure from 2008. In 2009 I sent out a pair of figures, and only one made it back. I'm not sure where he ended up.

IMG_1696.JPG
                          IMG_1704.JPG

2008 ..His stop in Illinois

traveler7.JPG
                          traveler.jpg

2009 headed for the first stop.
                          MVC-002F_808328.JPG

Comment

• wyatterb
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 2, 2001

box1.jpg
                            box2.jpg

Comment

• generic
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by wyatterb
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]24054[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]24055[/ATTACH]
                              I love that box! What a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎