X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodkeith
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 16, 2008

Kelly Garrett, Piper Halliwell, and Donna Troy

Some sharp-eyed poster here commented that Piper from Charmed looked more like Jaclyn Smith than the Kelly Garrett figure. I couldn't agree more!

So, picked up a Piper today and swapped the clothes. MUCH more pleased with the likeness now. Almost to the point that I wonder if the figures got mixed up at the factory... Thanks, whoever mentioned that!

Jaclyn Smith custom.jpg

But what to do with the leftover Kelly Garrett? All these new Mego Corp heads have some kind of personality to them, even if they're more generic than accurate likenesses. So, I re-dressed her in my FTC Wonder Girl outfit, along with the Mattel Wonder Woman bracelets.

Donna Troy custom 1.jpg

Donna Troy custom 2.jpg

The great thing is, the new Mego female seems to scale closely with the male teen quite nicely, as you can see above. I absolutely detest the FTC female teen/child body, so I will happily exchange them. Now I have a Wonder Girl that makes me much happier to see on the shelf. Thanks Mego!
    Last edited by rodkeith; Sep 13, '18, 7:39 PM.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

This is genius, thanks! These kinds of posts are what make this place so special.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

^ I think that was me, LoL. Originally I was going to repaint Kelly's face, but then I decided swapping clothes would be easier and I love the Piper face so much more. I haven't had time to open mine and switch 'em yet. So thanks for posting the picture! She looks amazing! Angelic even.
      Can't wait to have a play day and do the same!

And the Wonder Girl looks fantastic! I will be sharing with my friend who loves all things WW. He might want a custom of his own! Great job!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you also, Mary.

While I'm not interested in some of the licenses, many of these female figures are a custom goldmine.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Steeler80
          Mayor of Strunk
          • Jun 29, 2001

Good catch on the faces and that Wonder Girl looks terrific!

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Very nice.
            JediJaida

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Thank you also, Mary.

While I'm not interested in some of the licenses, many of these female figures are a custom goldmine.
              No problem! I love the Angels, seemed like a good fix, glad to see it worked out.

The Wonder Girl idea I never would have come up with!

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

The Wonder Girl idea is BOSS! definitely will pick one up for this custom when they go on sale / clearance.

That Piper head screams so many custom ideas to me...Talia, Scarlet Witch, Zatanna, and Thorn ( of Rose and Thorn) are what first come to mind....

rose.jpg
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• rodkeith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 16, 2008

Thanks to those chiming in, and for sparking the initial idea, Mary!

If anyone else wants to try, just to let you know I trimmed open the leggings of the Wonder Girl suit, and scotch taped them to the calves to hold them in place under the boot line. And take your time pulling the suit on. It's a tight fit but it'll get there. :^)

I may now pick up a second one for the First Appearance Wonder Girl that FTC came out with the Titans van, though that'll take a little hair work to get the pony tail right.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Great eye. I am even more excited for some of the wave 2 possibilities.

Comment

• Boshek
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 26, 2011

Very cool.

I am hoping that a wave 2 or 3 blonde female might look enough like the Bionic Woman.
                      Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• Ivaniski
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 24, 2007

I like that Wondergirl. Very good idea and great use of that particular female head.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎