Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two grails in one week!

Two grails in one week!

I still can't believe it as I type this...I scored my two most wanted monster items of all time this week.

First, the 1979 Universal Monsters lunchbox and thermos in pristine mint, unused condition.
    It looks like you drove to the store and bought it brand new off the shelf yesterday. Still had the original price sticker of $4.66

Now, I did remove the sticker because it was slapped on Frankenstein's forehead...so it had to go. Took me a couple hours of carefully saturating it alternately with Goo Gone and hot soapy water but I got 99% of it removed.

The second thing was a mint C-10 sealed Remco mini-monsters play case. The rare first non-glow version.
    I just spent the last couple hours putting it all together. It had the original cellophane on the outside which had turned a little yellow and brittle but underneath the clear vinyl was just soft and perfect.
    I carefully punched out and folded all the cardboard pieces and put it all together.

It looks incredible...I'll take some pics later. My camera battery is charging.

Last edited by enyawd72; Sep 12, '18 at 4:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    those are nice things, congrats.

Images
    Wow! Can’t wait to see them. Congrats.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Congrats! Scoring a grail is always great. Scoring two in one week is epic!

I love that you opened up the play case straight away! It always makes me a little sad thinking about toys forever trapped in their packaging.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Congrats. Look forward to seeing the pics when you get them posted.

-M

Images
    Oh wow, congrats! I got a Monster Play Case a few years back, and I absolutely love it. So simple...but so evocative of that old Halloween feeling. Makes a great display piece for your Remco AND Funko Monsters!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I had two remco cases opened. Each was a compete glow and nonglow set. One was unused. Reaction has exploded the figure value.

Images
    Wow, congratulations!
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

It's beautiful. I love it!
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!