X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Hasbro: Marvel Rising Secret Warriors

Marvel Rising Secret Warriors poster.jpgMarvel Risining Target 11 inch figures.jpg

Hasbro is release figures to go with the new Marvel Rising Secret Warriors but instead of doing them in 7 inch Megotype to match the 8 inch size Mego they are instead releasing them in 11 inch style to be teenagers to Barbie size figures. Huge mistake. This is a pass for me.

So this puts the stop on Mego to release Marvel style Megos from what it looks like. It is a shame that Hasbro could not see the possibility that by doing this in 7 inch "Mego-Like" style that would have had a chance to offer cloth-type action figures that both boys & girls could play together with have to deal with boys playing with "Barbie's".
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Madcap70
    • Dec 4, 2017

Because Hasbro/Marvel does not give a ****....

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Holy crap. How late to the DC Superhero Girls party could they be?

Maybe they think because Matty's dropped this look, it left them an opening.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]23882[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23883[/ATTACH]

Hasbro is release figures to go with the new Marvel Rising Secret Warriors but instead of doing them in 7 inch Megotype to match the 8 inch size Mego they are instead releasing them in 11 inch style to be teenagers to Barbie size figures. Huge mistake. This is a pass for me.

So this puts the stop on Mego to release Marvel style Megos from what it looks like. It is a shame that Hasbro could not see the possibility that by doing this in 7 inch "Mego-Like" style that would have had a chance to offer cloth-type action figures that both boys & girls could play together with have to deal with boys playing with "Barbie's".
        How does it "put a stop" on Mego? They had no Marvel rights to begin with, and this is a 11 inch fashion doll line. The way scales are farmed out now, 8 inch scale is still in limbo and more than likely still strangled by Hasbro's price point demands.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

This line isn't marketed to us guys. It's trying to hit the girls that the cartoon movie is aimed at. Why do they care about matching Mego? No kids know that format.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

Reminds me of the DC Superhero Girls, which seemed to be a success but I can't quite figure out if it's continuing or not...
            The show is being revamped, and the toys have been on clearance in a lot of places.
            But then I've see a few new ones pop up, looking like the original design that the revamped show is replacing.
            So confusing.

Comment

• Tommyboy
              Spock Head Speculator
              • May 13, 2003

As of today, several Marvel Rising figures are $5 at Five Below stores.

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

there's a Facebook Post I saw where someone took the outfit of the Patriot and put it on a Hall of Fame GI Joe body. Seems to be the way to go with this line.
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎