Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

It will never be Hamm. He was one of the pre-Affleck choices, but Ben had Argo clout and WB was afraid to lose him.

WB deserves to have this entire mess blow up in their face, but Cavill's not the problem. I don't know what his agent is holding out for, I'm guessing a commitment to a MOS sequel. What he should do is get Gadot on board for a Superman/WW movie. They won't say no to her. That's the one last DC story idea - demigod romance - that Marvel does not have an equal answer for.

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

I would have loved to see Cavill get a shot at a fun Superman movie. I’ve seen him have charm in other movies and he flashed potential n Justice League. I can’t think of a better choice for Supes, quite frankly.

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

Cavill's agent is denying the reports:

NO WAY.jpg

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

The word is that Cavill rather be the next James Bond than Superman.
          sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
            DC's cinematic universe is just a mess...basically we have Wonder Woman and that's it. And now even with the standalone Aquaman how is that going to work? They all appeared together in BvS and JL, but now for any future movies they'll have to team up with a completely different Superman AND Batman?

I wouldn't even want to TRY and straighten out that mess.

My suggestion? Scrap the whole damn thing and make a Super Friends movie. Hall of Justice, Legion of Doom...the whole enchilada.
            Originally posted by Hedji
            This is the movie I really want to see. Make them friends. Make them ridiculously happy to be superheroes. Even Batman. Guy's gotta love what he does. We've seen it the other way long enough. Make a DC movie with the intention of delighting audiences with adventure and joy.
            ^ THIS! That would be perfect for me and I think many people would love it. Though, I do realize it’s not a lot of other fans thing.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Some interesting thoughts over at Superman Hompage. Looks like this may have been blown out of proportion... or a powerplay on someone's part to make the other party jump.

Is Henry Cavill done playing Superman? It's hard to know what to believe, so let's go through what we do know... On Wednesday, September 12 The Hollywood Reporter published an article stating that talks had failed between Cavill's representatives at William Morris Endeavor and Warner Bros., which meant that he would not be returning to

If WB has no definite plans for Superman outside of a possible cameo in Shazam, you can't blame Cavill for wanting to walk...if he even does. He's kept his chin up through a lot of teeth gnashing and mud-slinging over these movies, and was a good sport over the whole mustache fiasco. Many actors would have flamed out and worn out their welcome by now.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

^That's exactly what this is.

Cavill was willing to do Shazam if it meant MOS2 was a Shazam/Black Adam film, which is what Rock wanted to do, also. It looks as if new WB apparently are moving back to the standalone anti-hero Black Adam idea, which is why it's nowhere on Rock's locked-in schedule. It feels like someone pitched Black Adam as Superman with Attitude, which is how we get "Michael B Jordan as Superman" nonsense. They're not thinking about how to translate the characters, but how to repackage them.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 21, 2017

His agent is saying the cape is still hanging up in Cavill's closet, so maybe he isn't done with Superman just yet.
                  I agree with the comments saying that he should be given a chance to do a fun Superman movie.
                  The kind that was hinted at at the end of Justice League.
                  He has charm, he has physique, he has so much going for him... now they just need to let him have his moment to be Super!
                  Toss in a Gadot cameo and it will be a hit.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by hedrap
                    ^That's exactly what this is.

Cavill was willing to do Shazam if it meant MOS2 was a Shazam/Black Adam film, which is what Rock wanted to do, also. It looks as if new WB apparently are moving back to the standalone anti-hero Black Adam idea, which is why it's nowhere on Rock's locked-in schedule. It feels like someone pitched Black Adam as Superman with Attitude, which is how we get "Michael B Jordan as Superman" nonsense. They're not thinking about how to translate the characters, but how to repackage them.
                    I do hope the Shazam cameo happens, somehow, even though it allegedly didn't get filmed.
                    I mean, it could be in the bag for all we know... And it would be a perfect way to bolster Shazam, which looks good already, as well as recharge Superman's image.

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

I think he’d be my top pick for Bond right now.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^If he gets Bond, who can blame him for walking away from a property that doesn't know what to do with him?

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

This is depressing. 😒 Loved Cavill as Superman and Ben was a decent Batman...but what can ya do?😕

I agree with ChrimsonGhost...completely forget a shared DC Universe for now. Marvel took 10 years to build theirs. Recast Superman(Matt Bomer)and Batman(preferably an Unknown)and just focus on making GOOD movies. WB impatience to have what Marvel has...is what led them to rush things. After a few successful movies down the road...then think about a JLA movie.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Matt Boner is older than Cavill...and shorter...

Having said that...he almost looks like he could be Cavill’s brother...
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                              Matt Boner is older than Cavill...and shorter...

Having said that...he almost looks like he could be Cavill’s brother...
                              Ya know...WB is still not officially saying Cavill is out. It's possible that this thing is being blown out of proportion?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

they are now starting to say it is a gimmick

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎