Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

WW, Aquaman and Shazam movies are too far along to scrap so just start rebuilding with those three movies and bring in the new Batman and Superman in a World's Finest movie.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Scrap their movies and give us a good Superman and Batman series each on Netflix or something. NOT DC Streaming. Get it out there where almost everyone can see it. And keep those Titans guys away from it.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Scrap their movies and give us a good Superman and Batman series each on Netflix or something. NOT DC Streaming. Get it out there where almost everyone can see it. And keep those Titans guys away from it.

Chris
        pretty sure all DC TV is going to the streaming service and seems to be thru Geoff Johns, too. Eventually he will fall out of grace and go the way of Zack Snyder.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

And on the bright side, John Hamm says he's interested in Batman. Make it so.

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

I think recasting is a better option than rebooting again.
            I don't really care for that guy playing the Flash though.
            I feel like they shouldn't have made such a big deal about the movies and tv shows being separate.
            Grant Gustin is a great Flash.
            Manu Bennett is a great Slade.
            Melissa Benoist is a great Supergirl.
            Even if they didn't want to incorporate everything, they had some building blocks in place to help flesh out the "shared universe" idea.

I will miss Henry Cavill, but I didn't care for Ben Affleck.
            But then I still think of Michael Keaton as my Batman.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

I think they should just go ahead and drop trying to create a cinematic universe right now and just focus on strong stand alone movies. Shazam looks like a step in the right direction to me.

I really feel like Cavill, Affleck, and the rest of the crew on JL were snake bit. Like them or not, that movie underperformed horribly.

I haven't seen the Aquaman preview, but I actually am excited for Shazam.

Forgot to add that I don't think the Joker movies are the way to go either.
              Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Sep 12, '18, 5:06 PM.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                I think they should just go ahead and drop trying to create a cinematic universe right now and just focus on strong stand alone movies. Shazam looks like a step in the right direction to me.

I really feel like Cavill, Affleck, and the rest of the crew on JL were snake bit. Like them or not, that movie underperformed horribly.

I haven't seen the Aquaman preview, but I actually am excited for Shazam.
                That's the thing... whether Cavill and co. stay on board or not, this whole DCEU thing feels tainted.
                I'd prefer strong standalone movies, with a nudge and a wink to them being connected.
                I really don't want another origin movie for Superman or Batman.

Comment

• Madcap70
                  • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                  I think recasting is a better option than rebooting again.
                  I don't really care for that guy playing the Flash though.
                  I feel like they shouldn't have made such a big deal about the movies and tv shows being separate.
                  Grant Gustin is a great Flash.
                  Manu Bennett is a great Slade.
                  Melissa Benoist is a great Supergirl.
                  Even if they didn't want to incorporate everything, they had some building blocks in place to help flesh out the "shared universe" idea.

I will miss Henry Cavill, but I didn't care for Ben Affleck.
                  But then I still think of Michael Keaton as my Batman.
                  See this is why I don't get it either Grant should have been Flash from the start he has it...Unlike creepy Ezra Miller...

Both DC & Marvel can't get their act straight when it comes to a "Shared" universe at least Marvel acknowledges it though...

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

This sucks, IMO.

While Man of Steel was terrible it wasn't Cavill's fault and he showed in BvS (an even worse movie) that he could have been fun with Clark Kent in a traditional sense and then with Justice League, he showed some real flourish with the character. But now it sounds like all of that is wasted.

He was pretty much the ONLY person I liked in the DCMU.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

I try to give Cavill a pass. "He was hamstrung by the material." But honestly, if Christopher Reeve starred in those three movies, do you think the character would seem so glum? You might. I mean, after all, Christopher Reeve had been dead for several years by the time Man of Steel came out. I guess what I'm saying is... Christopher Reeve's corpse would have been less of a downer than Cavill's performance.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        And on the bright side, John Hamm says he's interested in Batman. Make it so.
                        Too old, in fact, a year older than Affleck (47 vs 46).

The studios already made it clear they are going with someone much younger, in his late 20s, early 30s...

The latest technology news and reviews, covering computing, home entertainment systems, gadgets and more
                        Last edited by Hector; Sep 12, '18, 10:44 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                          Too old, in fact, a year older than Affleck (47 vs 46).

The studios already made it clear they are going with someone much younger, in his late 20s, early 30s...

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2018/0...in-the-batman/
                          so what, the movies were pushing an older Batman, just stick with it. I really don't need a hipster Batman.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

You can so what all you want...and keep tapping those Dorothy red shoes heels wishing as hard as you want...they are going with a younger Batman...

I could care less either way. Hire BatBaby or BatSenior Citizen...don’t matter to me...

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Honestly, I won't miss him that much. Maybe with better material he would've been been more endearing. But three missteps in a row and it's goodbye Smallville, hello Routh-ville.

He looked the part, but the charm was just not there.

We really didn't get to see much of him as his alter ego either. I mean, I guess he's still in the shadow of Reeve's bumbling Clark Kent, but how would you describe Cavill's Kent? He didn't really have a different personality. Just Superman with glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, their Clark Kent was totally phoned in. Very little thought was given to the "mild mannnered reporter" persona. Probably while Snyder killed Clark off WITH Superman in BvS. Not sure how he was back at the end of JL, but I guess now it probably doesn't matter...

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎