Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I of course would like Cavill to stay...but if he doesn't come back, I would have no problem with Brandon Routh returning.
    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i like him as Superman and hope they do keep him. with Aflec leaving they need to keep more continuity for at least another few movies. they just need to give Superman a better, lighter toned movie. something fun, as it should be

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
        I of course would like Cavill to stay...but if he doesn't come back, I would have no problem with Brandon Routh returning.
        uggh, no. Besides I think that ship has sailed.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          uggh, no. Besides I think that ship has sailed.
          Oh wow, Joe disagrees with me...I didn't see that coming! oh wait, yes I did!
          sigpic

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

I liked Routh as Supes a lot (way better than Cavill). He was a bright spot in a movie that missed the mark. But between his pevious stint as Superman and years as Atom, I don't see it happenng.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Brue
              I liked Routh as Supes a lot (way better than Cavill). He was a bright spot in a movie that missed the mark. But between his pevious stint as Superman and years as Atom, I don't see it happenng.
              Oh, I don't see it happening either Brue...I was just saying...
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Oh, I don't see it happening either Brue...I was just saying...
                I just really don't want to see the Superman Returns concept to return, never a fan of the Christopher Reeve Superman so I'd rather not see it again.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  ...never a fan of the Christopher Reeve Superman so I'd rather not see it again.
                  Seriously?!

I'm not knocking your opinion, but you're literally the first person I've ever heard that didn't like Reeve.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    Seriously?!

I'm not knocking your opinion, but you're literally the first person I've ever heard that didn't like Reeve.
                    yep never cared for him. Liked the Routh rehash of it even less. Prefer the 50's Reeves Superman a lot more.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Agreed, i don't much like the "Dourman" approach but I knew he'd be one of the best in the right hands. I blame the success of Mission Impossible for this mainly. Guy is going to be a big star.
                      I agree 100%. When I started seeing the returns on the latest Mission Impossible installment and heard the rave reviews (which is so rare for a franchise this deep) I thought Cavill’s career trajectory was about to take a turn away from being type cast in tights. If we examine the curse that has befallen actors who have taken this role, they typically don’t exceed the acclaim the costume gives them. As much as we may not like it, I dare say it’s probably a very wise move for him.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

I liked Cavill as Kent/Superman, hopefully he sticks it out for one more movie, but if he doesn't then someone else replaces him and hopefully that person is successful or at least excepted. I personally thought Affleck was just okay as Batman,
                        it bothered me that he had to talk like he had a frog in his throat or just smoked two packs of cigarettes before he said his lines, but loved his fight scenes.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎