Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Henry Cavill exits Superman role

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brue View Post
    I liked Routh as Supes a lot (way better than Cavill). He was a bright spot in a movie that missed the mark. But between his pevious stint as Superman and years as Atom, I don't see it happenng.
    Oh, I don't see it happening either Brue...I was just saying...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
    Oh, I don't see it happening either Brue...I was just saying...
    I just really don't want to see the Superman Returns concept to return, never a fan of the Christopher Reeve Superman so I'd rather not see it again.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    ...never a fan of the Christopher Reeve Superman so I'd rather not see it again.
    Seriously?!

I'm not knocking your opinion, but you're literally the first person I've ever heard that didn't like Reeve.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Seriously?!

I'm not knocking your opinion, but you're literally the first person I've ever heard that didn't like Reeve.
    yep never cared for him. Liked the Routh rehash of it even less. Prefer the 50's Reeves Superman a lot more.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Agreed, i don't much like the "Dourman" approach but I knew he'd be one of the best in the right hands. I blame the success of Mission Impossible for this mainly. Guy is going to be a big star.
    I agree 100%. When I started seeing the returns on the latest Mission Impossible installment and heard the rave reviews (which is so rare for a franchise this deep) I thought Cavillís career trajectory was about to take a turn away from being type cast in tights. If we examine the curse that has befallen actors who have taken this role, they typically donít exceed the acclaim the costume gives them. As much as we may not like it, I dare say itís probably a very wise move for him.

I liked Cavill as Kent/Superman, hopefully he sticks it out for one more movie, but if he doesn't then someone else replaces him and hopefully that person is successful or at least excepted. I personally thought Affleck was just okay as Batman,
    it bothered me that he had to talk like he had a frog in his throat or just smoked two packs of cigarettes before he said his lines, but loved his fight scenes.