Mego Museum: 2021 Mego Corp Update Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imlaughing2death
    • Jul 20, 2020

If they couldn't get Lugosi's likeness, they should've at least thrown their hands up and just done a Carradine Dracula. Carradine's likeness is still distinct and can't be that expensive to get, and it would still technically be a Universal Dracula. Generic Not-Lugosi Dracula always looks like "just a guy" to me.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
      Mego Kang the Klingon photos and information now added to the Mego Museum galleries.
      http://www.megomuseum.com/megocorp/2...e-klingon-tos/
      Awesome!! Looks great. More Star Trek:TOS, please!

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
        Mego Kang the Klingon photos and information now added to the Mego Museum galleries.
        http://www.megomuseum.com/megocorp/2...e-klingon-tos/
        a few years back, I got a custom Brady Khan sculpt and dressed him in series accurate uniform.

I was always hoping for a new Mego release of Khan and here it is, an accurate spot on sculpt and of course correct TOS uniform.

Now the only problem is…will my local Walmart-Target have it? neither store has carried mego’s in my area for a long time, so I guess I shouldn’t hold my breath.

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by imlaughing2death
          If they couldn't get Lugosi's likeness, they should've at least thrown their hands up and just done a Carradine Dracula. Carradine's likeness is still distinct and can't be that expensive to get, and it would still technically be a Universal Dracula. Generic Not-Lugosi Dracula always looks like "just a guy" to me.
          I agree, and it's not a Dracula we've gotten. I've posted elsewhere my desire for them to create a two-pack (even though I know the two-packs weren't the best sellers) of Billy the Kid Vs. Dracula. The film itself is in public domain, and it would be a great two-fer. Mego never made Billy the Kid when they produced their western line, plus it would give a new likeness of Dracula (and one that matches the look from the Universal House films. When we first got the "Broadway Dracula" as a way to offer Lugosi and then the Screaming Werewolf Chaney, I thought this film would allow the "end-around" to get Carradine's vampire in.
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

DC Comics Mego 14" Shazam added to the Mego Museum Galleries
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Anyone else seeing a bit of Seth McFarlane in that sculpt? I'm sure it's not intentional, but it's not like it's a stretch for Captain (Shazam) Marvel anyway. He kind of looks like the classic comic version.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Captain Marvel look like the promos of the original non-released version, except the cap is different.

This one was, and still is, very high on my list.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Hmpph, thanks Chris--can't unsee that now...

Good "Shazam!", though should have thicker brows. A must-buy for me.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Mego Corp. Gallery Update at the MegoMuseum
                    14" Mr. Spock from Star Trek now added with gorgeous photography.
                    Mego 14″ Mr Spock (Star Trek) Mr. Spock is the first of three 14″ Star Trek figures from Mego corp. This figure was announced in 2019 but was unfortunately canceled due to factory closure. The original prototype shown at Toyfair used the heads from the classic Mego Star Trek the Motion picture 12″ Spock but…Read more →

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

This Spock figure is great! My favorite of the 14" figures so far!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I THOUGHT it looked like the original Mego Spock, but I wasn't sure it was the exact same sculpt. I'm glad they stuck with this. Mego Spock was iconic enough, but then Nimoy went and voiced him on Big Bang Theory, so keeping this head seems fitting, since it's more "Spock" than just about any piece of Star Trek ephemera.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

I think Spock looks pretty neat, it should be a good seller.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Spock looks amazing!

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Mego Ultraman Tiga has been added to the Mego Museum Galleries as we expand on the upcoming wave 13 offerings.

Comment

• Corndog
                                • Apr 30, 2021

I'm very excited for the Spock to come out, its cool how Mego is making even more show accurate, even with the science personal symbol on his insignia.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎