Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Funko Forgets Jan Brady

Funko Forgets Jan Brady

Looks like Mego isn't the only company producing Bradys.
    And Funko is leaving Jan out!

https://metv.com/stories/this-trendy...ady-bunch-pack

Blog Entries
    "doll company"? I never think that of Funko, odd headline.

They don't need likeness to make pops so I guess it's a "we're making the six most popular characters" scenario. No dad or mom either.

Images
    ^MeTV is a fun site, but their writers are often out of touch with the nomenclature.

What would Jan look like? I like Pops, but other than Alice, and maybe Cindy, these could be anyone.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Well, the actress who played Jan hasn't fully embraced the show like the others have, so maybe Funko is dissing her. I've seen her get snippy on talk shows if the interviewer dwells on the Brady Bunch too long.
    I just hope they don't produce a "limited edition" Jan down the line. They would be unfair to those collectors who purchased the entire line, and have to spend a fortune trying to get Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    Well, the actress who played Jan hasn't fully embraced the show like the others have, so maybe Funko is dissing her. I've seen her get snippy on talk shows if the interviewer dwells on the Brady Bunch too long.
    I just hope they don't produce a "limited edition" Jan down the line. They would be unfair to those collectors who purchased the entire line, and have to spend a fortune trying to get Jan.
    Funko is the master of "limited edition exclusive." And I bet you're right, I bet you that's exactly what they do with Jan! Will just make her all the more desirable.
    This is one of the reasons I stopped with Funko. I was so excited to see them embrace the Hanna Barbera stuff, but when the Hair Bear Bunch came out as convention exclusives that were not available in stores, I felt like, Meh, they don't really care if fans get these. I ended up selling almost all of the Funkos I owned. Just kept a couple of my faves. Oh well. One day I suspect they will be like Beanie Babies.

Speaking of Funko and rare figures... Someone got violent over Twinkie the Kid!!

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/ma...e-deputies-say

Funko remembers Jan Brady.
    In a NYCC convention exclusive (which will also be at Books A Million).

FB_IMG_1537429877806.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Canary View Post
    In a NYCC convention exclusive.
    Shocker!

Images
    I am highly unimpressed with the POP! product, but they're doing something right---and that "George Glass" inclusion shows they can think outside the box...and like a true fan of their licence. But, that's Funko, I suppose... they've been consistently high-level business-sense.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Images
    I noticed some of the POP figures are showing up at the 99 cent store. (I think they are $1.99). I looked through them, but didn't see anybody I knew or liked. Clearly, they are the unpopular figures. The only ones I would be interested in are the Hanna Barbera characters, and they weren't there.