Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moxen
    Museum Patron
    • Nov 6, 2016

I also have an AJ or I would have entered!

1) Alberta

2) Ummm I wasn't around for the series ... sooo Lucy Lu?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I live in Oregon, and my favorite Angel will always be Farrah. Even if I could enter the contest, I wouldn't. I already have probably half a dozen new AJ figures. I can't believe more people didn't try to win it.

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

Howdy
        Currently in BC, but will always be an Albertan.
        Jacklyn Smith.... she always seemed to be the brains of the organization.
        Last edited by Captain; Sep 17, '18, 11:50 PM. Reason: Messed up name
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Mary Canary
          Career Member
          • Jun 21, 2017

I have to say, I'm so pleasantly impressed by the generosity of all you guys who replied and said "I already have AJ, I want him to go to someone else." I'd like to think this isn't just a Canadian quality but is representative of the fine folks in this community overall.

I'm also surprised to see Sabrina getting the most "votes," as she was always the Angel no one wanted to pretend to be on the playground! 3 votes for Kate Jackson, 2 for Jaclyn Smith, 1 for Cheryl Ladd, 1 for Farrah, and 1 for Lucy Liu (oooh barracuda!).

Finally, congrats to comicmike, the winner of the giveaway! Private message me your address so I can get Action Jackson mailed to you, comicmike. Adventure is headed your way!

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

I would like to add that I appreciated Sabrina as I got older! Kate Jackson was a solid actress, and didn't mind donning goofy disguises! When I was younger, I probably didn't pay much attention to the acting. Just liked looking at pretty girls. I grew up in Port Huron, Michigan across the Canadian border, so we picked up some Canadian channels. I remember gettingt to watch Charlie's Angels and the Bionic Woman twice a week(!) which was a big plus because VCRs weren't a common household item back in the 70s. Also, Kate Jackson was the first Angel I got to meet (at age 13), so she holds a special place in my heart!

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

Not long ago, Legend of Link shared "...I have made many close, dear friends because of this forum and mostly, because of Mego. To Mego, I am eternally grateful that I was able to experience the magic of this toy line. Without it, I wouldn't not be as creative as I am, nor as passionate with toys..."
              Its 1 am as I write this, so please cut me some slack. I've remained silent throughout the relaunching of Mego, and it's unfortunate to see how badly its being portrayed by some. Personally, i could not wait to go to our local Target and buy my "first Megos", and I am very grateful i was able to do so. Thank you

Brian's words: "...the Internet turned something that was pretty solitary to an incredible sense of community. The people I've met through the Museum forums are some of the highest quality human beings I've ever encountered. Whether I need a part, computer advice or somebody to tape a show for me, the Museum forums have become a real part of my daily life."
              From the July 7 Scoop! The Scoop reports on a collector’s Mego obsession!

The Mego Jumpsuit Action Jackson figure came quickly to my home. Mary Canary reached out on Tuesday, and he arrived on Thursday. I can't quite share my best-found words of gratitude. I posted the 2 quotes to help. I'm still excited; I feel humbled to have won the figure that has been an important artifact since 1971; happy to be part of the Mego community, and especially the Megomuseum community. My friends see my ongoing enthusiasm; my Best Friend said it's "contagious". May I share here that the 'fun' of collecting Megos is something truly magical. Thanks so much, Mary Canary.
              Last edited by comicmike; Sep 23, '18, 5:27 PM.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

Hey, I was happy to do it! And who knows, if I can get to Buffalo when wave 2 is actually in stock, maybe I'll do it again. I wonder... which 8 incher from wave 2 is going to be the most desirable?

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                  Hey, I was happy to do it! And who knows, if I can get to Buffalo when wave 2 is actually in stock, maybe I'll do it again. I wonder... which 8 incher from wave 2 is going to be the most desirable?
                  Frankenstein or Bewitched, would be my guess.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎