X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

Pay It Forward: CANADA MEGO GIVEAWAY

I moved from the US to Canada 3 years ago. Love it for the most part, but there are a few frustrations - like when groovy brand new Mego figures are sold exclusively in stores on the other side of the border. I have been lucky. Thanks to friends and family and semi-regular trips back, I got the few from wave 1 that I wanted. Fingers crossed for wave 2. But I know not every fan has that chance, and it sucks to miss out on the new Mego fun! So I wanted to do something positive for the Mego Museum and to help out another Canadian who might be feeling left out.

So I have a brand new, nrfb Action Jackson figure (#8808 of 10,000) from wave 1 that I am giving away to a fellow Canadian Mego fan. All you have to do to be eligible is to LIVE WITHIN CANADA and COVER THE SHIPPING COSTS THROUGH PAYPAL from Toronto to wherever you live. (I checked shipping from Toronto to Whitehorse and that was about $20, so I figure if I can ship all the way up there for a little over the price of the figure, you'll be getting AJ at less than the cost of walking into a US store and picking him off the shelf yourself. Not as fun, I know, but I can only do so much...)

I'm trusting everyone on this message board will be a good sport and only enter with the spirit that the giveaway is intended. If you already have AJ, let someone else have him who hasn't had a chance to get any new Megos. If you don't live in Canada, please don't give me a hard time about being excluded.

To enter, post a reply on this thread and tell me the following 2 things:
    1 - What province do you live in?
    2 - Who is your favorite Angel from Charlie's Angels, and why?

Neither has any bearing on who wins, I just want to see where folks are collecting from and obvi I have been thrilled that the Angels were included in the new Mego lineup!
    I'll leave the contest open until Monday, September 17th. Then all of the entries will be tossed into a hat and the winner will be drawn at random.

20180910_114108.jpg
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Incredibly kind of you.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Moxen
      Museum Patron
      • Nov 6, 2016

That's awesome, Mary! I'm glad to see another Canadian will enjoy some Mego joy.

I'm already dreading the shipping costs for wave two

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

Mary, thank you for creating the contest : - )

My thread reply:
        1 - I live in the province of Ontario
        2 - My favorite Angel from Charlie's Angels was Kate Jackson's "Sabrina", because she was believable in her leadership skills and intelligence. It was not only the way her character was written, but the manner in which Jackson played and fleshed out Sabrina's personality. She was a forerunner for the series and an era of poignant storytelling, ever modelling her strengths of influence, assertiveness, and initiative alongside the team.
        Last edited by comicmike; Sep 10, '18, 6:25 PM.

Comment

• DrZorma
          • Sep 1, 2016

Awesomeness, you are great for doing this Mary. Spread the Mego love, it's contagious!

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

Well, comicmike, it looks like you're in the lead right now!
            Contest is still open until Monday for anyone else to enter.

I'm bumping this in case others have not seen it.
            Perhaps I should have posted this in the Mego Corp forum instead of Mego Buzz?
            Who doesn't want an Action Jackson?? He's so groovy!!

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

Bumpity bump!

No one else in Canada wants a free Mego?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

I would hope there was more interest in the figure. What's up with Canada?

Comment

• MysteryWho
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2008

Well, we're Canadians, so we're politely waiting for others to chime in. It's sort of like a Canadian standoff. https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...ian%20Standoff

Comment

• Mary Canary
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 21, 2017

Where are my Canadians at?
                    So far only 1 person has entered.
                    Last day to enter, y'all!

I'll pull the winner tonight!

Comment

• ubermanx
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 3, 2013

Thank you, Mary, but this Canuck already has a new AJ so I won't be entering your generous contest.

But if I did;

1) Ontario

2) Cheryl Ladd (Kris Munroe), for, well, obvious reasons for a boy in and around puberty when the show was on TV in reruns after school and that bikini shot in the credits rolled by ...

~ Marty
                      Last edited by ubermanx; Sep 17, '18, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• David Jackson
                        • Oct 17, 2013

Very nice of you Mary, I already have one on the way and cannot wait to add it to my AJ collection. Just thought I would contribute to your survey regardless;

1) Mississauga

2) Always thought Kate Jackson had the cutest smile...

Comment

• rodkeith
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by MysteryWho
                          Well, we're Canadians, so we're politely waiting for others to chime in. It's sort of like a Canadian standoff. https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...ian%20Standoff
                          Haha, that's true-- that's actually why I was waiting.

To be honest, I decided I don't really need the AJ so I will exclude myself. I'd rather it go to someone not close to the border as I am because I've already had a crack at wave 1 on the pegs. But! I do think it's awesome that Mary has chosen to do this. Good on you, Mary!

For the record:

1) Ontario

2) Sabrina, she had kind of an Audrey Hepburn spark or twinkle in her eye that appealed to me as a kid (and as a grown man).

Comment

• toothaction
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 15, 2017

I live next to Canada... I can see Windsor across the river!
                            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• MegoNuts4Megos
                              • Mar 21, 2018

Hey Mary,
                              Hugely appreciate this contest and would absolutely have entered if I wasn't already able to tap into this relentless MEGO community generosity to help a Canuck out! But for the record, Kelly Garrett for the simple reasons that Jaclyn Smith is Canadian, was the only original angel to last the series and was completely awesome. Kinda hard on the eyes, though. Congrats to the Winner and thanks for thinking of us!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎