Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Mummy collection! Lots of pics!

Images
    I'd love to see your painted versions of the Glo-Heads.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Just haven't gotten around to photographing him yet...
    I actually think the horrible Mummy is the best mego monster. I believe I sold mine to Hedji a few years back.

I believe you did, and he's been given a good home, er, tomb.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Very nice! And I can't help but hear "It's the Mummy!!!" from Mad Monster Party? in my head when I saw this thread.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Very nice! And I can't help but hear "It's the Mummy!!!" from Mad Monster Party? in my head when I saw this thread.

Chris
    LOL...I know! I'd love a figure of him someday. That's one of the highlights of the movie.

Images
    One of my favorite Universal monsters. Awesome collection Dwayne!
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Turns till they wind up tight.
    Turns till they loose, that's right.
    Mad Mummy Dance
    He's in a Trance
    All wrapped up in himself tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by MIB41 View Post
    One of my favorite Universal monsters.
    I'll come clean. I never was a big Mummy fan. Drac, Frank, and Wolf were king, and Mummy was a distant second tier. As a kid, I just never found him scary. And he wasn't part of the Monster Squad (TV show).

But in later years, I've come around and been able to appreciate him more. It helps that the Universal Sequels are some of the most fun movies they made.

Mad Monsters Mummy truly is scary looking. And I love it when Aurora depicts him blue-ish, with blood on his bandages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    I'll come clean. I never was a big Mummy fan. Drac, Frank, and Wolf were king, and Mummy was a distant second tier. As a kid, I just never found him scary. And he wasn't part of the Monster Squad (TV show).

But in later years, I've come around and been able to appreciate him more. It helps that the Universal Sequels are some of the most fun movies they made.

Mad Monsters Mummy truly is scary looking. And I love it when Aurora depicts him blue-ish, with blood on his bandages.
    For me a big part of the appeal is the ancient Egyptian lore...and the fact that I find real mummies extremely disturbing. There is something truly terrifying about a 4,000 year old dried corpse walking around. At least the other monsters are technically "alive"...even the undead ones.

Images
    Technically he is a zombie, but I think it is better that they don't call him a zombie. The biggest difference is that he is raised up by magic, and ancient magic at that. Original zombies were also raised by magic but they have changed that to being raised by rogue science, which cheapens it for me. THE Mummy should always be above mere zombies and should always have superior intelligence and self motivation. Justice/revenge is much scarier than "brains."

CCC.