Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Mummy collection! Lots of pics!

It's funny...my first exposure to the Mummy wasn't even in books or the movies, but rather a Hostess Twinkie AD in Batman #277

Certainly some very choice pieces

Images
    This was largely my experience, as well. I was really into Drac and the Phantom of the Opera as a kid, and the rest were all henchmen--Abbott & Costello-style. Later, I grew to appreciate each film and character.

What hurt the Mummy for me was seeing Chaney ones first--basically horny zombie films. But Imhotep is revelatory and as Dwayne says, the Egyptian motif drew me in. Once I had seen a real mummy in Cleveland (creepy!) and dove into Egyptian mythology, I was hooked.

And my favorite vintage Mad monster? Yep, the Horrible Mummy. I love the costume and the head sculpt is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    I'll come clean. I never was a big Mummy fan. Drac, Frank, and Wolf were king, and Mummy was a distant second tier. As a kid, I just never found him scary. And he wasn't part of the Monster Squad (TV show).

But in later years, I've come around and been able to appreciate him more. It helps that the Universal Sequels are some of the most fun movies they made.

Mad Monsters Mummy truly is scary looking. And I love it when Aurora depicts him blue-ish, with blood on his bandages.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I liked the Mummy designs in Amazing Stories and the Monster Squad film, but I felt sorry for him in the latter lol.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Oh yeah, "Mummy Daddy" was probably the best episode of Amazing Stories. Watched that one to death.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

A couple new additions...

That Karloff head looks great! will we be doing the Christopher Lee version? I'd love to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by tjacwave50 View Post
    That Karloff head looks great! will we be doing the Christopher Lee version? I'd love to see that.
    Oh yeah! Lots of Lee stuff coming...and a few surprises! "Mummy Daddy" from Amazing Stories, "LOT 249" Mummy from Tales from the Darkside...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Very nice collection
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-news/how-batman-and-superman-stopped-being--super-friends--225413206.html