X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

KISS figures

I remember my younger brother had the Mego 12" KISS figures and I've been thinking that I would like to buy a set of the 8" figures that FTC put out.
    Any recommendations on which wave is the best as far as costumes and head sculpts?
    What's your favorite?
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Well, the wave 1 Love Gun costumes are the 8" versions of the figures Mego made in the 70's, so those are pretty good. Things to look out for are the bodies on those are pretty loose and the hair is sometimes wonky.

I like wave 2 which is the set with the same heads as wave 1 but with first album makeup and costumes. They're my favorite because I like that early 70's look for Kiss. The bodies are still a bit loose, hair was better tho.

Second favorite is Alive! which is wave 6 I think, but they're hard to find. They have new head sculpts that are pretty good. Paul in particular is really strong, Gene's is kind of weird looking. The costumes are great and in my opinion, these are the apex of FTC's Kiss figures.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Well the best set for head sculpts is sold out which was the Alive figures. I would say Dynasty is the coolest one at the moment. That or Destroyer.

Comment

• kingkongsy
        • Oct 3, 2017

Series 1 Love Gun are great and so are the Alive set and Dynasty. Destroyer are ok if you change Peter and Paul's heads with the Alive versions

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I really enjoy my Dynasty Ace...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Randy
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 12, 2006

Both Dynasty and Destroyer are great! The bodies on my Destroyer figures are the tightest that FTC has released....

Comment

• mego maniac mark
              Career Member
              • Aug 3, 2010

Is that all originals ftc, besides guitar ?
              mego's befo ho's

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by mego maniac mark
                Is that all originals ftc, besides guitar ?
                Yep! That's the 12 inch FTC Ace and the guitar is from the miniature guitar series made by Pick Ups back in the early 00's. You can get them off Ebay for a pretty descent price. And Pick up made it as Ace Frehley's guitar. So when you search use the Pick up name along with Ace's.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎