• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

The Rumors are true wave one price reduction

20180908_112541[1].jpg20180908_112725[1].jpg20180908_111302.jpg

Today I went to two very different stores in two different towns and they both have reduced the prices on there 8 inch figures. The single carded figures do ring up at $12.99 and the double packs ring up at $24.99. What is amazing to me is one of the stores I visited today just put up there display within the last two weeks. So those you have been on the fence about picking up certain figure now may be the time. Those (like me) who are using them to customize this is a good deal.

Today alone I picked up 4 Jimi Hendrix figures. One to keep in the package and the others to customize since this is the only African-American male released. I also like the fact that he wear moccasins and I cannot find repro one anywhere.

An extra Dracula for trade value done the line.

And I finally picked up Fonz. For some reason I just did not pick him up earlier and since I am doing my old western saloon those jeans and t-shirt will come in handy.

Since some of the Targets are starting to clearance out wave one that means by the time wave 2 does make the stores there should not be any wave 1 figures left. Target is known for dumping back stock so I fear we only have this month to get them.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Sep 8, '18, 4:30 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

seems odd to me to have them on clearance less than a month after they even hit stores. I will have to try and find time to go the local Target and maybe pick up a few more

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

they are not marked down on the website though

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I was told about the markdowns before the announcement was made, Target does this sort of thing and it's about three weeks until wave 2 is supposed to come out.

The biggest misconception I see is the roll out, it seems kind of slipshod, Target has had the product since July but some stores put it out late, slop[pily or not at all

So it looks to many like this is a big failure but if they had done a better launch, I think they'd only be marking down the stuff that turns slower.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

This honestly doesn't mean much to me. Target has often marked down stuff almost immediately after stocking it. And they'll often get later waves of the same series in too.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            This honestly doesn't mean much to me. Target has often marked down stuff almost immediately after stocking it. And they'll often get later waves of the same series in too.
            Yeah, while I don't personally work with Target, I have two close colleagues who do.

In fact, one of them sells DC, Marvel and SW merchandise to them. He's explained their deals and yeah an end cap promotion always includes markdown at a certain period. He could do 500k of something in a quarter, that stuff still gets marked down.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

The thing is the markdowns just effect Target store income and not Mego. The website is were the most sold due to the fact that the stores where in the middle of the reset for the holidays. More of the managers at the beginning I talk to said they thought it figures would be a website exclusive. Target's endcap are for the quick-turn-around so each wave gets marks down sooner than it should.

In my on opinion this endcap should have been a endcap next to the DVD TV Shows near the collectable (NECA) wall. Back when I worked at retail we would have used this to help push sells. One endcap with the figures and another with the TV DVD shows. Double win!!
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡