Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fate of Our Heroes After Avengers 4?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mego Magyar
    Just recast, it works for James Bond
    and Batman and Spider-Man and Bruce Banner
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by sprytel
      I suppose they already recast Banner and Rhodey...so it is not without precedent... but in a shared universe like this, I think it would be a mistake to recast a Tony Stark or a Steve Rogers. Better to pass the torch to another incarnation of the character or just let other Marvel characters step forward to fill the void. You still have Bucky Cap and Falcon Cap as easy replacements. Moving from RDJ to Don Cheadle may be less practical (he is not a young man himself)... but do you really need an Iron Man? With Banner and Shuri and Hank Pym and others, they probably have enough genius inventors. They certainly have enough wisecrackers. Maybe you just leave Iron Man out of it for a while.
      and if they are bringing in the FF and Xmen even more genius types and goofballs to step up.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

I say recast 'em, but give 'em some time on the shelf first. With the likelihood of the Fantastic Four and X-Men returning to Marvel, plus more films for Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther etc., Cap and Iron amn can take a bretaher for a few years.
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Timothy2251
          I say recast 'em, but give 'em some time on the shelf first. With the likelihood of the Fantastic Four and X-Men returning to Marvel, plus more films for Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther etc., Cap and Iron amn can take a bretaher for a few years.
          Exactly how I feel! Yes, of course they'll be recast...just like we know that Wolverine will be recast. Just because Jackman is done...we know there is NO WAY Marvel Entertainment is going to go without Wolverine for very long. But give it some time...DON'T recast Cap and Ironman right away...give it some time. Focus on the Fantastic Four!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

After Avengers 4

Its has been rumored that the next big event could be Secret Invasion
            secret invasion.jpg

with what is know about the Captain Marvel movie it is a possibility till the finish there deal with the Fox merger. After the paper work on the merger I have a strong the only way to include the Mutants & F4 will be
            Secret Wars
            secret wars.jpg

Either Marvel will restart there universe to include the Mutants & F4 OR they will reboot there universe and recast the MCU with younger actors along with recast for they Mutants & F4 to include them from the start.

Like I said this is just my guess.
            Last edited by monitor_ep; Sep 9, '18, 5:44 PM.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

no reason to recast the whole universe, just have a intro movie for the FF and the x-Folks, then just pepper them with the MCU crossover magic, bringing them into the fold. I'd be more interested to see how they handle Deadpool, just have him pop up at Avengers tower or something trying to join. If Ryan Reynolds is sticking with the character no way is DP getting recast. I'm sure the same would hold true if Jackman wanted to have another go.

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
                Captain America: I feel the best way to handle replacing Cap is to continue following the Winter Soldier storyline and have Bucky step in for Steve. They've already started his path to redemption and they should keep it going. But don't kill cap! Instead, have Thanos send him tumbling back it time just like in the comics except...Thanos is the reason, instead of a brainwashed Sharon Carter shooting him with a "magic" time bullet. It's too soon to recast Chris Evans, it would be to jarring at this point. But sending Steve into the past, gives us time to get over it...plus it stays pretty faithful to the original story. What do you think?
                Sending him back to WW2 would open the door to and Invaders movie.....

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  no reason to recast the whole universe, just have a intro movie for the FF and the x-Folks, then just pepper them with the MCU crossover magic, bringing them into the fold. I'd be more interested to see how they handle Deadpool, just have him pop up at Avengers tower or something trying to join. If Ryan Reynolds is sticking with the character no way is DP getting recast. I'm sure the same would hold true if Jackman wanted to have another go.
                  I always thought it would be cool to have Daredevil standing on a rooftop and us see Spiderman swing across about 8 blocks behind him, or Spidey swing over Avengers Mansion (Tower) while chasing a bad guy.

CCC.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LordMudd
                    Sending him back to WW2 would open the door to and Invaders movie.....

CCC.
                    Ooo...that's good! I didn't even think of that! 😀
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎