X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by jwyblejr
    Kinda makes me sad that AJ is one of the peg warmers.
    Me too. I love licensed characters as much as the next guy, but I think we are so conditioned to gravitate towards familiar faces rather than unique toy company creations that allow us to project our imagination into playing with it. I hope he's selling better than we think he is. At least they don't have to pay anything to license him, so maybe there's hope that they get more profits with AJ.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Dr. Mego himself said somewhere "We're not done with AJ" so he could return in forthcoming waves.

While it's not surprising he's a slower seller, he also seems to be one of the more embraced figures from wave one.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

AJ needs a reason to be. He needs a story and a villain or something. I remember when I was a kid finding He-Man in a store. I had no idea what it was but I bought it. The little comic introduced me to the character and story. But He-Man wasn't all that fun to play until I got Skeletor.

I like AJ and I think he could be more popular with new buyers if he had a little backstory.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

I'd love to see AJ in a red jumpsuit. I think it would pop on the shelves.

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

With the sale going on today on Megos, I picked up an AJ for $10.52!
            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• The Nawd
              Nawd your head for yes.
              • Feb 15, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep
              Where I am at AJ, Dracula, & Jimi are usually the first ones gone. The only way I have found extras are when they restock and I happened to be there shortly after that.
              Yeah. Where I'm at Dracula and Action Jackson are always the first ones gone. Surprised that AJ is warming the pegs elsewhere.

Comment

• generic
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by The Nawd
                Yeah. Where I'm at Dracula and Action Jackson are always the first ones gone. Surprised that AJ is warming the pegs elsewhere.
                Here in GA, it's not uncommon to see 4 Action Jackson's on the pegs at the same time. He's not as much of a peg warmer as Alice and Tootie, but AJ sure isn't selling like Jimi, Paul Stanley, Frankenstein, Spock, Gorn, or Dracula!
                Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎