X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
    YEAH! What is this Steve Moore up to anyway? And what do we know about this Heiler guy while we're at it? SHENANIGANS!
    Rumor has it that they're jerks.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
      YEAH! What is this Steve Moore up to anyway? And what do we know about this Heiler guy while we're at it? SHENANIGANS!
      Only Evil can come of it! Your health will be ruined if you persist in this madness.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Rumor has it that they're jerks.
        The rumor is at least 50% correct!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Anybody have some close-ups?
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

In my travels today, I was near a different Target, so I stopped by. No wave 2 figures yet, but the wave 1 figures were on sale. $12.99 for single figures and $24.99 for the 2-packs. I picked up Sulu and the Mirror Mirror set. They had either 7 or 8 Sulu figures, but only 1 Mirror, Mirror, 1 Hendrix, 1 Checkov, and 2 Dracula (both had bad paint jobs on the face. 4 out of the last 5 Draculas that I've found have had messed up paint).

Not that it really matters, but my Sulu is number 4,321/10,000. I was going to wait to get him because I really shouldn't be spending the money, but I couldn't pass up number 4,321!
            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• knight errant00
              8 Inch Action Figure
              • Nov 15, 2005

I just made a Target run, and the wave one figs all had red tags showing the reduced price . . . even Jeannie and Tony were down to $24.99. But no Wave 2s at my Target this evening.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by generic
                Not that it really matters, but my Sulu is number 4,321/10,000. I was going to wait to get him because I really shouldn't be spending the money, but I couldn't pass up number 4,321!

Comment

• CKMBDavis
                  • Nov 21, 2013

Why does it look like Frankenstein's coat is two different shades of green?

Comment

• generic
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
                    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Honestly, I don’t get all of the obcession with sticker numbers. Is it because you believe the lower the number the more value the figure has? If so, more power to you, but that’s the SUPER LONG game. Buy the figures and enjoy them...that’s my philosophy.

The main thing is that, for whatever reason, you’re buying these figures and, with that, Mego moves forward with more product and that’s a big win for all involved.

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^Exactly.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah it's certainly not for me either but, to each their own.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mary Canary
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 21, 2017

Same. The numbers are a big "so what?" to me.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                              Honestly, I don’t get all of the obcession with sticker numbers. Is it because you believe the lower the number the more value the figure has? If so, more power to you, but that’s the SUPER LONG game. Buy the figures and enjoy them...that’s my philosophy.

The main thing is that, for whatever reason, you’re buying these figures and, with that, Mego moves forward with more product and that’s a big win for all involved.

- Ian
                              I agree. It's a bit gimmicky and in my eyes does not represent any true order in production. These figures are made, then packaged. How do we know the last one made is not the first one to get the sticker? I just seems like a collector rabbit hole I don't want to jump in.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 28, 2008

I remember when Exclusive Premiere came out with its Mego-like figures in the late 1990s, and everyone of them stated they were "1 out of ______" (I can't remember if there were 10,000 or what). The result was a few early re-sellers (in the days of message boards) announcing they had the first figure in the run, only to find out someone else also did, until they discovered that everyone had that same "#1," since there were individualized stickers.
                                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎