Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Memorial: Exclusive FTC Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

The problem I had with the Isis figure was her hair. On the show it is straight down but the figure has the WW/SG curl. I have bought an extra head from CTVToys to scalp and reroot one of these days.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by monitor_ep
      For those who want to watch the Filmation Shazam cartoon series this youtuber has them all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWw1...QLA1XH2-g-C5Cf
      Oh thank you!!

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

[B]I never thought this would have been humanly possible. I am all excited at seeing the Filmation renditions of the DC Super Heroes in Mego form. Here are my thoughts.

SUPERMAN AND SUPERBOY: Here's hoping the head sculpts are on model. The blue on the suits was light and the red cape was like an orange like or bright red. And the capes were black on the inside. Here's hoping Superboy will have Krypto.
        Villains should be Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Toyman and the Wicked Warlock.

AQUAMAN: Troy Younger made me a Filmation Aquaman figure which is a proud part of my collection. Here's hoping FTC can make the same magic with Aquaman. Hoping they make Mera, Black Manta, the Fisherman and Queen Vassa and the Brain. I hope Aqualad is available with the Aquaman set or with the Teen Titans.

DC HEROES: Here's hoping all the JLA and Teen Titans characters are made, even with the goofs like the reversed colors on Kid Flash for example. Or Hawkman's pet Skreel is part of the set.

BATMAN: I saved my favorite for last. I hope FTC makes character from both Batman toons. Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Joker and Penguin looked the same in both shows except for minor differences. Here's hoping Batman and Batgirl's bodysuits are in pale Filmation blue color. Batman has blue shorts. White circles and no eyeballs on Batman and Robin. Batman and Batgirl's capes are black on the inside. Robin's cape was a darker shade of yellow in the 1977 series. We could have both variations on Catwoman. I would want both the green and the orange costumed versions. Give us the Riddler and Simon the Pieman from 1968 and Bat Mite, Clayface and Mr. Freeze from 1977.
        Despite the inclusion of Bat Mite and the sci fi storylines, I LOVE the New Adventures of Batman. Why? It was my first exposure to Batman let alone any Super Heroes or comics when I was 5. Adam West and Burt Ward's voice contributions made this toon a seller. Without them, I believe it would have been unwatchable. Plus as a kid, this Batman toon got me into buying Megos. Plus, with the exception of the wacky circus like score, I loved most of the music from the New Adventures of Batman. Sure, it's not the fan favorite, but I couldn't help that it was my first start and my first impression of Batman. Although Bat Mite was not a great idea, I loved that unlike Gleek and Wonder Dog on the Super Friends, Batman and Robin did not want him around and like us fans, considered him a pest and a nuisance. But I love both Batman cartoons by Filmation and I want to make sure they both have love and I hope both Batman toons have figures made from them. I will definitely buy the Batman figures first. Those are my two cents.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I have wanted a Warlock Mego since I was six yeas old!!!

(I've actually been trying to figure out a head but the casting eludes me. ) I hope FTC does him.

Excellent suggestions, filmation-fan. I'd like the Scarecrow, as well. Simon the Pieman (and his A-E? ) and Sweet-Tooth are great ideas.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 10, '18, 5:47 PM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I sure hope they make Simon, will save me from doing a custom.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^I've wanted to do him from Friar Tuck, but I couldn't find a 1/9 chef's hat.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

FTC has one on the face on a figure site. Whole chef oufit
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I seldom go to FTC (vs CTVT), thank you I will check it out.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

its on the myfaceonafigure.com site, I'm sure they'd sell it if asked.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                      The Man of Many Voices
                      • Aug 30, 2005

From the New Adventures of Batman, I would love to see a figure of the
                      Moon Man. He doesn't have to glow. But that was my favorite episode of the 1977 Batman series.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                        The Man of Many Voices
                        • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]23803[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23804[/ATTACH]

Which Catwoman would you want? Can we get the Catmen!!!
                        I definitely want both!!

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                          From the New Adventures of Batman, I would love to see a figure of the
                          Moon Man. He doesn't have to glow. But that was my favorite episode of the 1977 Batman series.
                          That would be neat. That was the most memorable episode from that series for me.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                            The Man of Many Voices
                            • Aug 30, 2005

Amen to that.

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jan 23, 2012

Moonman! Yes! What is it about that wacky character that made him so uniquely memorable? Menacing eyes and no discernible mouth, for one. And he seemed more evil than the more famous tv Gotham rogues that had been distilled for 70’s children. Moonman would be awesome.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

Moonmen

Did you know that Moonman had a comic book counterpart?

Cartoon version: The Moonman is a supervillain who is in reality Scott Rogers, an astronaut, and an old college friend of Bruce Wayne. But when he is exposed to the light of the full moon, he transforms into Moonman, and steals objects that came from the moon. (1)
                                Moonman cartoon.jpg

Comic Book Version 1958: A pilot working for NASA, Brice Rogers was hurled into space as part of a mission to investigate man's endurance. During his trip around the moon he was bathed in kryptonite radiation by a passing comet, and was physiologically altered, becoming the superhuman criminal Moonman. (2)
                                Moonman comics.jpg
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎