X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Mattel to launch Mattel films to create movies for their toys

Not sure if someone posted about this already, if so I apologize, I just saw it and didn't see a thread on it already.

I saw the story at several sites, here's the link to the story about it at Newsarama....

https://www.newsarama.com/41731-matt...lm-studio.html

Much as Hasbro tried to do, Mattel is creating its own movie production studio to focus on creating film properties for their toylines including Masters of the Universe, Hot Wheels, Barbie, and Thundercats.

Toymaker Mattel will launch a film division named Mattel Films, which will focus on developing movies based on their various toylines - which include Masters of the Universe, Hot Wheels, Barbie, Thundercats, and more.

“Mattel is home to one of the world’s greatest portfolios of beloved franchises, and the creation of Mattel Films will allow us to unlock significant value across our IP,” said Mattel Chairman and CEO Ynon Kreiz in a statement (via Deadline). “Robbie is a gifted storyteller and a highly respected filmmaker with deep relationships in entertainment. She is the perfect leader to bring our celebrated brands to life.”

Mattel Films will be headed by producer Robbie Brenner, who was nominated for an Oscar for the film Dallas Buyer's Club.

“Generations of children around the world have grown up with deep emotional connections to Mattel’s brands and characters,” said Brenner. “There are so many stories to be told and so many imaginations to be captured by these iconic brands, and I look forward to working with Ynon and his team to do so.”

This matches a similar effort by toymaker Hasbro, which has run Hasbro Studios since 2009.

The specific projects planned for Mattel Films were not reported.
    -M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Can't wait for "Big Jim Meets Big Josh"

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍