Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragonlance: Heroes of the Lance project-a progress diary

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I found the dragons at Wal-Mart, MRP--thanks for the advice. I've wanted to do a St. George for a long time, this dragon will help advance the project.
    Cool. Glad you found them. I picked up the Black Dragon with red highlight last weekend too. It will need a repaint to become the red I need for Verminaard's dragon, but it should do the trick.

-M

Just picked up a copy of The Art of the Dragonlance Saga (to replace a copy that got lost about 20 years ago when a box of books disappeared during a move) for some added art references for these.

The more I look at the art of the Draconians in here and at pictures of the new Gorn from Wave 2, the more comfortable I feel using the Gorn as a base figure for the Draconians (now I just need to find a few Gorn figures).

Borrowing this pic from the Mego Crop FB page...

and then looking at this Keith Parkinson piece of the various types of Draconians...

I think the Gorn should make a very good and affordable base to do some Draconians. I'll need to adjust the skin color, and I have armature wire and a good material base for wings, so I think it it can work. We'll see. Like I said, need to find wave 2 in stores first.

-M

spectre-cover-7.jpg The Gorn would make an awesome Draconian! Keep up the great work!
    Cheers,
    Guyx1

I see these are D&D customs I don't see may of these out there

EDIT:

I saw these on the web is this from a member here?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/customme...47708375472214
    Last edited by Madcap70; Oct 21, '18 at 1:54 PM.

I use to sell the miniatures from Ral Partha. Can't wait to see the finished product

We had a couple of house and work issues come up these last few weeks (and my laptop dying and needing to retrieve all the files from it), so this got put on the back burner for a few weeks, but everything else should be getting wrapped up by this weekend, so hopefully I can get back to it next week. In the meantime, I did place a second order with CVTV as they were now offering the Black Knight head and some of the knight and western clothing, and that head was perfect for Sturm and a few of the chainmail body suits and western leather/hide pants will go a long way on these.

-M