X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I have a Mego problem

I can't swing a floppy Mattel figure around Columbus without hitting a Target. When the new figures first appeared, they were at locations further away from me. In the past few days, the rollout has been completed and they're everywhere here. If I go to lunch, hey maybe I'll swing by Target. On my way to work.....do I need anything at Target? On the way home.....better check to see if they put any Draculas out. Oh, and I just thought of a custom I could make so I better buy another X while I'm here.

It's getting expensive.
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

Every time I pass by a Target, I almost stop. Then I remember that I already have a Dracula and can't afford to pick up everything...but sometimes I stop anyway just to look at the display
    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 25, 2018

Originally posted by generic
      Every time I pass by a Target, I almost stop. Then I remember that I already have a Dracula and can't afford to pick up everything...but sometimes I stop anyway just to look at the display
      I love seeing the display. Always brings a great big smile across my face.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Yes, the shelves are full now and I bought all the ones I planned to...but...😀😀
        sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

I haven't caught the bug yet, I would buy Jimi if I saw him. My joy comes from reading the posts and experiences of the people who are enthusiastic about Megos again. Maybe after the next Trek assortment I'll get amped.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I was very happy to find the one Dracula hiding behind some AJs at a nearby Target this weekend. Great figure...for $15!!! A steal.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

The Target closest to me has gone through it's existing stock , including refills, and that end cap is bare on the bottom two shelves with Two Jeannie sets on the third and a sparse assortment of 8 inch on the peg board. All the prices are now marked down. I'm going to check the other five Targets and examine their remaining stock. My gut feeling is wave one will be a solid success because of the novelty of Mego rolling back out. I think waves 2 and 3 will need more reliance on licensing to push sales with them blending with existing products in the toy isles. Fingers crossed the momentum continues.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

While I'm not happy that Target isn't a thing in Canada anymore, it's probably for the better. I'd hoard and for no good reason.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• generic
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                  The Target closest to me has gone through it's existing stock , including refills, and that end cap is bare on the bottom two shelves with Two Jeannie sets on the third and a sparse assortment of 8 inch on the peg board. All the prices are now marked down. I'm going to check the other five Targets and examine their remaining stock. My gut feeling is wave one will be a solid success because of the novelty of Mego rolling back out. I think waves 2 and 3 will need more reliance on licensing to push sales with them blending with existing products in the toy isles. Fingers crossed the momentum continues.
                  I'm glad to hear that they're selling well. Facts of Life, Married with Children, Charlie's Angels, & Charmed don't seem to be selling much in my area. Cheers just depends on the store. Happy Days, Hendrix, Action Jackson, and Brady Bunch have been doing ok. Dracula and Star Trek seem to be selling well.

What's the marked down price?

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 25, 2018

^Mark down prices are 12.99 for singles and 24.99 for two packs. 14 inch still regular price.

Comment

• generic
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
                      ^Mark down prices are 12.99 for singles and 24.99 for two packs. 14 inch still regular price.
                      Wow! I thought the prices were good at $15 / $30. I'm surprised that they're marked down so fast!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Wave 2 is hitting

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I got all jelly for that Frankenstein i ain't got.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

If I see any I shall grabulate.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Love that Frankenstein it's quit noticeable when you first look at the end cap, but the Gorn looks almost exactly like the
                              EMCE Diamond Select version.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎