X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Stan Lee Interviews Roy Thomas 1976 Video

Every now and then, I run across something that feels like an epoch moment. I think this video is one of them. We've talked alot about how the comic industry "flipped" in the 70's and the first generation of fans became the creators. This is Stan passing the torch to Roy. We know Stan was trying to gtfo of Marvel publishing, (and trying hard), at this point. It's obvious in the first minutes, Stan is trying to sell not just himself as a potential talk show host, but he's trying to sell Roy. The production quality is strange as it's not broadcast level, but it's a legit test run. There's a reference made by Roy at one point to Romita, saying something "the other week" and Stan acknowledges that. I took it as this was done more than once.

Anyone here know what this was originally shot for? It can't be in-house. When you look at the timing, it's right in the throes of Stan's big Marvel relaunch with Fireside, tv shows, Kiss etc...wow, just noticed Stan's holding the Fireside in the screencap!

• WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

HOLY SMOKES...SuperSnipe Comics!!! Haven't heard that name in a LONG time...I used to go there regularly whenever I was in the city YEARS AGO.
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• WannabeMego
      Made in the USA
      • May 2, 2003

This looks like it was designed to be broadcasted on the Public Airwave Channels.
      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Stan: "I too hope that the day will come when our books are sold in hardcover editions and nobody would think that there's anything strange or unusual about it."
        And lo, that very thing became reality. Excelsior!
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎