X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Count_Popula
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 28, 2018

The Marvel Figures I Most Wish Mego Would Do

I had the pleasure of chatting with Marty Abrams recently, and he expressed his hope that there could be some Mego Marvel characters down the line. Certainly, a lot of us have the same hope. Strictly speaking, I know what I’m wishing for isn’t just Marvel, as I’m pretty sure Universal still has a stake in this too, but darn it … it’s 2018 ꟷ where are my The Incredible Hulk TV Series action figures? I’ve only been dreaming about those almost my entire life. Of course, the series & the WGSH were at their peak at almost the same time, so in my mind there's always been a strong association between the two.

It’s a shame Marvel won’t get in on the retro figure game. DC has given us Superman: The Movie toys (and, yes, I do wish Mego would do a new Chris Reeve Supes), Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman and, in recent years, nearly every character from Batman ’66. I want the Bixby/Ferrigno Banner & Hulk, they are way overdue, and if anyone could do it right, it would be Mego. Heck, if it were up to me, I’d take a whole line of TIH figures, including characters like Jack McGee, Frye’s Creature, TV Thor, etc.

All that being said, if you could choose, what would your Top 5 Marvel Wants be? Mine:
    • Dr. David Banner (Bill Bixby)
    • The Hulk (Lou Ferrigno)
    • The Black Panther* (Removable Mask)
    • War Machine (Iron Man is one of my all-time favorite Megos, and I would just love to see an update of that.)
    • The Rhino (Need a villain, and Doom seems a little obvious. Would love to see this one with the Hulk/Thing larger body type.)

I could go on and on with so many classic Marvel characters to choose from. But my top 2 are must haves, and the other 3 are off the top of my head. What would be your dream 5?

(*I’ve heard Marty comment in a few recent interviews that Mego did have BP back in the day. Well, we'll take one now.)
    Last edited by Count_Popula; Sep 5, '18, 3:06 PM.
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

! "Black Panther* (Removable Mask)": that'd be *so* cool!
    Personally, I'd really love a classic Jessica Drew "Spider-Woman".

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Limiting it to characters who never had a Mego before...

1. Doctor Strange
      2. Black Panther
      3. Nick Fury
      4. Black Widow
      5. Ghost Rider

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• toothaction
        Career Member
        • Jul 15, 2017

1. Iron Man (repro or rhinoplasty)
        2. Vision
        3. Scarlet Witch
        4. Doctor Doom
        5. Machine Man

Silver Age or bust! Well, we would also accept early Bronze.
        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 25, 2018

Daredevil, Bullseye, Deadpool, Cloak and Dagger, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Electra.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Black Panther with removable mask would be pretty darn awesome, and to add a couple more not mentioned yet,
            Submariner, Silver Surfer and more Spidey villains Electro and Vulture.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Man-wolf
              Morbius
              Green Goblin
              Spider-man
              Lizard

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I have wanted Hulk TV series figures my whole life. It's an absolute TRAVESTY that the most successful comic book TV series Marvel ever produced STILL has never had any official toys.

A Ferrigno Hulk, Nicholas Hammond Spidey, and Reb Brown Cap NEED to happen.

Comment

• Count_Popula
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 28, 2018

Originally posted by enyawd72
                  I have wanted Hulk TV series figures my whole life. It's an absolute TRAVESTY that the most successful comic book TV series Marvel ever produced STILL has never had any official toys.

Hear, hear! I'm glad to hear others feel the same way, enyawd72. Awhile back, on another forum, I went so far as to list 8 figures that could be produced and released in two waves based on TIH. And, yes, of course the TV Spiderman & Captain America would fit in nicely. DC has even gone as far as recently releasing new figures based on The Flash 1990 TV Series and 1995's Batman Forever. It seems to me TIH is much more beloved and would sell better than those.

And here's the great thing about Mego doing TIH figures, as opposed to completely sculpted/all plastic figures from Hasbro: The Hulk figure could be draped with a tattered shirt (like the old Mego 12") that matches the shirt Banner wears. Fans could then place the tattered shirt onto Banner to depict a post-transformation David. How fun would that be? May the Mego gods smile upon us and make this happen!!

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by enyawd72

Don't forget a Peter Hooten Doctor Strange!

-M
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I'd love to see a Marvel Monsters line. That would be great!

Comment

• Moxen
                        Museum Patron
                        • Nov 6, 2016

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        I'd love to see a Marvel Monsters line. That would be great!
                        Marvel Zombies some day

1) Doom is a must
                        2) Mysterio
                        3) Magneto
                        4) Red Skull
                        5) Marvel did GIJOE RAH, so that too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I'd buy a Reb Brown Cap in a heartbeat. Actually, a Marvel TV set is a fun idea. Would it also include Dr. Strange, Daredevil, and Thor?
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Well, I heartily would buy any and all 70s Television characters, yes.

As for comic book characters, I'm thinking

Red Skull
                            Hawkeye
                            Vision
                            Doctor Doom
                            Spider-Woman

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 12, 2014

Since I was kid my all time favorite comic has been the Avengers. I would love to see figures based on the George Perez run of the 70's. Its hard to pick just five.
                              Vision
                              Yellow Jacket
                              Black Panther
                              Grim Reaper
                              Count Nefaria Avengers 166 cover is Amazing

Honorable mention: Jarvis

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎