Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

I watched it. I was entertained for the first 40-45 minutes. Then when the actual plot really kicks in, it just get too silly, to borrow one of my grandmas old phrases.

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Hector
      Shane Black directed Iron Man 3, one of the worst big budget superheroes movies ever made.
      Originally posted by Gorn Captain
      I'd even go so far as the worst (of the most recent superhero movies).
      Apparently you two have been boycotting the DCU. And the Ant Man movies. And the first 2 Thor movies. And Iron Man 2!

Carry on!
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I adored the first Ant-Man film. YMMV, carry on.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by toothaction
          Apparently you two have been boycotting the DCU. And the Ant Man movies. And the first 2 Thor movies. And Iron Man 2!

Carry on!
          even the DCU stuff was better than IM3.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

I saw The Predator today. It's very uneven but has a few moments. What I did like was the 80's vibe just for nostalgia's sake.

What the first had going for it ( and its this way for most all movies) was an original premise that slowly unveiled itself. It starts out like one kind of movie and eventually the Sci-fi is revealed. That made it a fun ride. The sequels didn't have that luxury. Everyone had seen the creature at this point... Same kind of thing that happened to Jaws, Michael Myers, First Blood, Blade Runner, and even Han Solo, etc... The Kessel Run was cooler in my head before I saw it.

I'm looking forward to when someone makes the next Jaws or Back to the Future or Indiana Jones or Halloween... There have been some great original movie concepts (Shape of Water, A Quiet Place, etc...) that I have enjoyed, but I wonder if there will ever be another "Star Wars" that will come out of nowhere and capture that magic again. Maybe that sort of thing is reserved for the young.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by toothaction

Carry on!
              All those are classic masterpieces compared to that pile of garbage called Iron Man 3.

Carry on...
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Many folks here know I despise the Star Wars prequels. But I’d rather see them a million times...than one second of Iron Man 3...
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Iron Man 3...

1. Lost count of the multiple Iron Man crashes...and how easily it broke into a million pieces
                  2. Anxiety-riddled Tony Stark babbling back and forth with that annoying kid during half the movie...annoying, obnoxious, incredibly boring...and pretty much pointless.
                  3. Iron Patriot...the most useless sidekick ever, and easiest to kidnap without much effort
                  4. Pepper Potts saving the day, argh...
                  5. Countless Iron Man suits fighting one lame villain...one...
                  6. The Mandarin, oh boy, did they mess up big time there.

That movie blows...

sigpic

Comment

• toothaction
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 15, 2017

EDIT: Content removed.
                    Last edited by toothaction; Dec 10, '18, 6:15 PM.
                    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Thank you.
                      Last edited by LonnieFisher; Dec 10, '18, 6:24 PM.

Comment

• toothaction
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 15, 2017

No offense was intended at all - I just saw cats being cats. This was shared at another friendly forum I frequent and I brought it here because of what I thought was creative use of the Predator soundtrack.

Edited it for you, and you'll probably want to do the same to your post, as I still see the video up above.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

All is better now. Rage subsiding...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡