X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Two Face from Dark Knight

Looks great, he really shouldn't pick at that.

http://images.comicbookresources.com...m/dent_tdk.jpg
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That's a photoshop fake from what I've heard.

[edit]I double checked the thread about this going on at toymania and one of the pics posted was supposed to have been photoshopped. If the one you posted is indeed the real one, that is WAY too extreme for a movie so marketed to kids in my opinion.
    Last edited by Werewolf; May 5, '08, 5:39 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Fake or not, but that's the freakiest Two-Face I've ever seen
      But I actually like it, looks like something Tim Burton would come up with
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I dunno about photoshopping. Rich Johnston is usually on the money with this stuff.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          I dunno about photoshopping. Rich Johnston is usually on the money with this stuff.
          Yeah, I had edited my post about that. Two pics were posted at toymania and I was mistaken on which one was said to be photoshopped.

No doubt it's the real deal. My problems with it is it is too extreme for a movie so heavily marketed to kids and it looks like bad CGI. Like those stretched faced mummies from The Mummy and The Mummy Returns.
          Last edited by Werewolf; May 5, '08, 5:57 PM.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Its kind of hard to not market Batman to kids. He's all over the place and highly recognizable to kids. I was at the 89 Batman and a mom dragged her little kids out of there because of the dark overtones.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

I can't see... I guess they took the pic ?
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Aint it cool has the pic now.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36628

Like I said, it looks like dated CGI from those Mummy movies.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                  Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                  • Mar 15, 2008

Yeah, the Cease and Desists from WB went out a little while ago. Based on a Two Face figure I've seen online, that picture wasn't too far off the mark. Gruesome, but not too far from the skeleton pirates in Pirates of The Caribbean. If kids today could handle that bit of nastiness...
                  "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I'm conflicted on this. For one, I wish Johnston hadn't posted that pic with absolutely no spoiler warning. He usually puts those types of spoiler images on a separate page with a link. But, I think the make-up looks great, and I don't think it looks fake or CG. Nolan and company used very little CG in the previous movie, and I'm guessing they are doing the same again. As a diehard Batman fan, its nice to see Two-Face done right.

But man, that is WAY extreme. And no offense Timothy, but that is far more disturbing than any Pirates characters. He looks like he has had his skin peeled off. I thought of the guy from the first Hellraiser movie when I saw it. I'm really thinking I can't take my son to see this movie now. And it will kill him because he loves Batman, and the toys are out and right there in front of his face.

I 'm not sure they should have marketed mainstream toys from this movie. Figures from DC Direct aimed at collectors and only at comic shops would be okay, but I think this is a bit much.

Maybe I'm an old fuddy-dud. And I certainly wouldn't want to censor Nolan's great work, but I just don't think this movie should be marketed toward young kids based on what I've seen thus far.

That being said, I can't wait to see it myself, but a certain young Bat-fan is either going to be sorely disappointed, or deeply disturbed.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

It certainly makes for a good monster---a realistic stab at a BATMAN character
                      something which characterizes Nolan's approach.

Is it TWO FACE to me? I'm not really sure one way or the other.

And this whole "let the younger kids/BATMAN fans
                      fall by the wayside in favor of realism" attitude
                      is wearing kinda thin with me.
                      Last edited by huedell; May 5, '08, 7:30 PM.
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Realistic? Not really in my opinion. Because he would be more than likely dead. At the very least his eye would dry out and shrivel up.

It would fit in perfectly in horror movie though.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Realistic? Not really in my opinion. Because he would be more than likely dead. At the very least his eye would dry out and shrivel up.
                          Well, I should have said "pseudo-realistic", like their approach to Batman. It's as real as they can get and still have the character have eyes, teeth, and be able to breath, etc.

It would fit in perfectly in horror movie though.
                          Agreed.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I don't know how much this is marketed to kids, I love Superhero movies and this and begins are movies I wouldn't take my kids to.

I'm alright with that, I like this take on Batman, we can go see Iron Man and Speed Racer together instead.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

It looks like a reverse Jonah Hex. Too extreme for me - maybe if there wasn't a gaping hole in his mouth I'd be OK with it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎