Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Long Story About Tracking Down a 40 Year-Old Comic.

Quote Originally Posted by tjacwave50 View Post
    I remember reading a comic book that had Batman fighting Aquaman, land and water (Batman wore an oxygen mask)
    I think Batman bested him, but I can't remember the story line, it was about mid 70's, I really wish I could somehow track this comic down somehow if anything just for curiosity sake.
    Possibly Brave & Bold 126 or 142?

https://m.comixology.com/The-Brave-a...l-comic/604394
    http://babblingsaboutdccomics.blogsp...uaman.html?m=1

https://eruditegorilla.com/2017/09/2...-the-bold-142/
    http://babblingsaboutdccomics.blogsp...es-on.html?m=1
    Last edited by comicmike; Sep 20, '18 at 9:23 PM.

Good luck to those looking for a long lost comic! It's a wholly satisfying feeling to finally reunite with one!

Images
    What a fascinating read Iron Mego! Thanks for sharing that story and providing an enthralling journey through your search and discovery. It's a perfect illustration of how difficult it can be maintaining moments and images that captured our imaginations as kids and sorting ALL of that over time to our recollection accurately. It's another reason why I enjoy this particular hobby/forum, because its allowed me to continue a conversation that quite honestly I have tried to maintain since I was a kid. From the time I saw Batman '66 and Spider-man '67 during their first run, I was hooked. Comics became my next fix to continue that journey when those shows were not on. And finally Mego introduced the WGSH, which took my world of imagination and shot me into this incredible place where I mixed comic moments, movie moments, and cartoon moments.

The Mego Museum offers a space to keep those moments alive and remain as vivid as they were when I first experienced them. When we quit talking about them and quit celebrating them, their importance carries less weight and so our memory relegates them to a corner where we may never find them again. I intend to keep mine in the spotlight for as long as I can. So thanks again for sharing your story. I completely connected with it.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

That was really great! Now I want that issue! It looks awesome.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by MIB41 View Post
    What a fascinating read Iron Mego! Thanks for sharing that story and providing an enthralling journey through your search and discovery. It's a perfect illustration of how difficult it can be maintaining moments and images that captured our imaginations as kids and sorting ALL of that over time to our recollection accurately. It's another reason why I enjoy this particular hobby/forum, because its allowed me to continue a conversation that quite honestly I have tried to maintain since I was a kid. From the time I saw Batman '66 and Spider-man '67 during their first run, I was hooked. Comics became my next fix to continue that journey when those shows were not on. And finally Mego introduced the WGSH, which took my world of imagination and shot me into this incredible place where I mixed comic moments, movie moments, and cartoon moments.

The Mego Museum offers a space to keep those moments alive and remain as vivid as they were when I first experienced them. When we quit talking about them and quit celebrating them, their importance carries less weight and so our memory relegates them to a corner where we may never find them again. I intend to keep mine in the spotlight for as long as I can. So thanks again for sharing your story. I completely connected with it.
    Thank you, and thanks for reading my little story. Glad it connected with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    That was really great! Now I want that issue! It looks awesome.
    It's pretty awesome actually. Probably why it stuck with me for so long.

Thanks PNGywnn and comicmike, after seeing these books I'm pretty sure it was Brave and the Bold 142, I was hoping someone here would know
    and that's why I asked, always appreciated.

It was after reading Iron Mego's story that made me think of that Batman/Aquaman comic, and at first thought I imaged it, glad to know my brain still works.

Thanks Iron Mego for sharing that great story.

Now you just gotta buy a copy and confirm it! Definitely post when/if you find it.