X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Vintage toys & Megos in the wild-Actiontoyman, Eerie, PA

My wife and I drove from Ohio to Vermont and back last weekend and earlier this week to visit family. We had scheduled some stops at places of interest including comic and toy stores along the way to break up the drive. One of the places we found was a toy and comic shop in Eerie, PA called Actiontoyman. It's three stories of toys, plus a full room of comics. The owner was a really cool guy and he let me take a bunch of pics of the shop. It had a ton of vintage and modern action figures and toys. The main floor was all action figures, loose and carded, plus the back room which was all comics. The basement was a bargain area and a catchall for everything that didn't fit elsewhere in the store. Lots of carded figures prices at 3/$20 down there. The top floor was sports figures, board games and a GI Joe room (featuring both the classic line w/AT and the 3 3/4 RAH line.

Here are the pics I took including some cool Mego and GI Joe stuff in the wild...

The storefront...

GI Joe room...

up on a shelf in the Joe room some Megos in the wild...

plus some Six Million Dollar Man stuff...

among the games were some books and some Super Jock games...

and a sampling of the board games available...

hiding in the stairwell coming down from the top floor...

from the bargain basement...

down in the basement among the 3/$20 stuff were these Mego-like figures of which I knew very little...

I almost picked them up, but wasn't sure of the quality for use as customs, so passed, but I may place a mail order with the dealer for some more of the Lord of the Rings stuff he had, and may end up getting these if I can find out more about them and determine they're worth getting.

On the main floor you enter, one of the first things you see is a display case with some vintage Mego set up...

the main floor is jam packed...

and there was some more vintage Mego behind the counter...

and then there was a room full of comics to rummage through as well...

There was too much to get pics of all of it, but that is representative sample of what was there. Great little shop, nice owner, who is knowledgeable and enjoys interacting with his customers, and I got a few little things from the shop (one of the 10 inch Toy Biz Lord of the Rings Nazgul & the Nazgul from the armies of Middle Earth line I posted in another thread, a loose 12 inch Green Arrow from the Justice League animated line and a loose Ahsoka figure from the Disney Infinity game series, both for my wife, a handful of dollar comics, and three carded figures from the 90s animated Flash Gordon series that were in the 3/$20 bargain basement). If I weren't on the last leg of the trip and hadn't spent way too much on the trip already, I would have been tempted to drop a lot more money there, and he has a strong presence online and on social media so I may place a mail order with him for some stuff as I mentioned earlier.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Sep 3, '18, 5:54 PM.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

If I had the money, I’d book my plane ticket today. Wow, Whatta store!
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

how were the prices?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

by the way I think those cowboys are Paco. they made pirates and Terrorists too. bodies are crap but the accessories are not bad

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

i have been through Erie so many times and had no idea, aghhhH!
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Great-looking shop, reminds me of Canal Fulton, OH's Toys Time Forgot. Actionman Toys seems' larger.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

The cowboys are made by Paco. They are very similar in quality to the pirates that are still hanging around gift shops in some places. I used the red shirt for a Burt Reynolds, and all of the heads make great generic dudes. There's an indian as well. I would grab them for $7 each if I had the chance.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes, I almost bought the Indian at MegoMeet. Great custom fodder.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Very cool !!!

Did you see the Oneders while there ?

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

That looks to be a really impressive store.

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      how were the prices?
                      Not bad. He was reasonable on most things, a little high on a few and really good bargains on a lot. But my sense of a little high is based on what I am willing to pay not necessarily on the going rates.

-M
                      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Very cool !!!

Did you see the Oneders while there ?
                        Nope!

Thanks to all for the info on the cowboys. If I place an order with the store, I will likely see if they are still available.

-M

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎