Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Dead, the Early Years...and some What ifs"....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Walking Dead, the Early Years...and some What ifs"....

Just started re-watching TWD from season one.
    Man, this was so good! It's been ages since I've enjoyed the show this much. I'm going to try and pinpoint the moment where it started going downhill. Maybe at the end of The Governor's storyline?

It got me thinking. What if..Shane had lived , instead of Rick. Honestly, I think he would have led the group a lot better. In these early scenes, he's a lot more level-headed than Rick. He wouldn't have gone after Merle, he protected the group, he handled Carol's abuse husband. And indirectly, because the group got split up that day/evening (against Shane's advice), a lot of people died.
    If Lori hadn't messed with Shane's head, going from hot to cold in a minute, how would Shane have been like? We never really knew why Rick and Lori had issues. Maybe they were serious enough for Shane to think "I'm a better match for her". Who knows?
    I know, Shane went rogue, but who led him there?

Makes me long for an alternate timeline. Punisher Shane vs walkers!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

For me it all started going downhill from season-2 on.

Centering the whole season around that farmhouse might have saved production money but made for a boring season that many times bordered on tedium.

I hate full season bases --- would rather them Bruce Banner their way down the road with an actual purpose - like the early Z-Nations

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Shane was a snake in the grass, he would have led the group right into a mess, maybe with the Governor or the Terminus bunch. He lied to the group about that kid that he killed and Otis too. He was just out to try and get rid of Rick so he could have Lori to himself. Very selfish and not really leadership material. He went down a road where he had to die.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Shane was a snake in the grass, .
        And he voted for George McGoveren for president

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

He tore tags off mattresses too.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

He would take a penny, but I've never seen him leave a penny.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by sprytel
              He would take a penny, but I've never seen him leave a penny.
              Scoundrel !!!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎