X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Toy Show Report- Midwest Collectible Toy Show

I went last weekend to the Midwest Collectible Toy show in Omaha, Nebraska. They hold them 3 times a year, but this was my fist time attending.

It was held in a 5,000 square foot Firefighters Union hall. The space wasn't that big, but the vendors tables were sold out so at least it was full. Admission is free too. There was a decent showing of older stuff like AT era Joes, Marx Johnny West, carded Major Matt Mason accessories, Shogun Warriors, and some Megos (boxed Wizard of Oz and beater super heroes) being the highlights. Plus the usual modern stuff (Joes, Star Wars, Funkos). One table of cards, a couple figure customizers with their stuff. All in all, I'd rate the selection as a solid B.

The surprise for me was that very few attendees were buying. At most I'd see an occasional person walking around with one thing. One guy at a booth with old Joes said he hadn't sold a thing 3 hours into the show. The prices in general seemed decent and the selection was good, so I'm not sure what the disconnect was.

My kids bought some Ultraman figures and I picked up a Doctor Who Ice Warrior.

I'd likely go again, but I'm not sure it would be worth my time to set up a booth.

Toy Show 1.jpg

Toy Show 2.jpg
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Shows are hit or miss. But I do love getting rid of stuff and finding megos I don't have.

I recently sold off my Aquaman collection and Funko Pops because I enjoy Vintage items like Star Trek TMP and Hasbro Charlie's Angels much more.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎