Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toothaction
    Career Member
    • Jul 15, 2017

Are the 'real' episodes on the OST Blu, or is it just the remasters?
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

are you referring to Star Trek? the bluray has both versions on it

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

I've upgraded most of my all time favourite movies with Blu-rays... and when I buy a new movie, I always go for the Blu-ray edition.
        But I'm certainly not going to replace the entirety of my extensive DVD collection, not unless a Blu-ray release includes a bunch of extra special features that weren't on the DVD, or an extended cut of the film, etc.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Here you go. Please feel free to Browse My Collection.

So, yeah, I have a real blu-ray addiction. I'm not blaming my Wife, but it was actually her suggestion to consider a Projector for my basement home theater. After that, I went a little nuts. Dwayne is right, if you haven't yet found the blu-ray.com app, it's fantastic for cataloguing your collection. You simply scan the barcode and it adds the database entry. I haven't been keeping up, but I am currently at 940 movies spread over 689 discs or box sets. Pretty insane.

The trouble is, I am never done, because boutique labels like Vinegar Syndrome, Severin, Arrow, and Scream keep putting out things I've never heard of, but instantly need to get. What's worse, they appeal to the collector mentality with beautiful packaging, inserts, sometimes even hardbound books.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I have a handful mixed in with my dvds, but now that their prices have come down, I tend to lean towards blue Ray first if possible. Not intending to convert my dvds quite yet, still working out replacing my vhs tapes. Lol
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I don't have a bluray player yet--I don't have a compatible TV, and I almost certainly won't be replacing my dvds. (Excepting Star Trek.) But with newer releases, I've been buying multi-format releases in the anticipation of getting an updated player.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toothaction
                Career Member
                • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                are you referring to Star Trek? the bluray has both versions on it
                Yeah, ST:OST. Thanks! Completely forgot that Lost in Space now needs an OST designation, too...
                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

Not that many really. I used to buy DVDs a lot, but once streaming came along I thought, "Why bother?" I don't ever listen to commentary tracks, and most "extras" on Blu-Rays don't appeal to me. I have bought some of my favorites that I don't want to have to rely on streaming for, but a lot of times even if I own the movie it's much easier to just stream it.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

For Enywad72:

Wolf Blu Ray - Region Free, and better than the US version

Also, I got Arachnophobia for free redeeming my Disney/Star Wars/Marvel rewards codes.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                      ...still working out replacing my vhs tapes. Lol
                      I hear you on that.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

wow! i received a blu ray player from family that was upgradig theirs.

they gave the kids Smurfs on bluRay 5 years ago or so.

so now we have a total of 1 bluray.

most of my DVDs never get played anyway with todays streaming services and inundation of new material.

i havent even bought a DVD for several years

i just dont need the clutter or hassle.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 23, 2013

I like that Playstation 3 and PS4 play Blu-ray DVD's.

It seems better on a game system than on a Blu-ray player.

I do have at least one VCR working now, though, and a few tapes that don't need the upgrade.

I have Blu-ray DVD's of The Devil's Rejects, House of a 1,000 Corpses, The Shining, Die Hard, A Bridge Too Far, Full Metal Jacket and a few others.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎