X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

How many Blu-rays do you own?

I recently joined Blu-ray.com and started inventorying my collection. Their database is absolutely fantastic.

I'm about 80% done and I'm up to 443

I had no idea I had that many...and there are so many more I want. If it's horror or sci-fi I'll watch it.

My immediate list for purchase is:

Arachnophobia
    The Mask
    Thinner
    Pet Sematary
    Wolf
    Hollow Man
    The Running Man
    The Haunted Mansion
    Deep Rising
    Friday the 13th Collection
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I only have between 20-30, but I have hundreds of DVDs. My old 52" 1080 plasma TV doesn't look much different to me whether I upscale a DVD or play a BluRay, and the family van plays DVDs only. My favorite way to buy is Dvd abd Blu-ray combo packs, but they're getting harder to find. For the movies I want these days most are either Blu-ray/digital or DVD only.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I probably have about 30-40 at best, I'm picky and nichey.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I try to watch about 4-6 movies a week on the weekends...usually late Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon.

Last weekend it was The Undying Monster, The House That Dripped Blood, Dr. Blood's Coffin, Tentacles, Reptilicus, and Supergirl.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I don't own any.

My nephew gave me his old Blu-ray player when he upgraded but I just can't justify rebuying everything I already have on DVD.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mikey
            I don't own any.

My nephew gave me his old Blu-ray player when he upgraded but I just can't justify rebuying everything I already have on DVD.
            Yeah, I refuse to replace everything I own but I've upgraded some favourites.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Allie Fox
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 1, 2009

Not many. I don't really know for sure but it is less than 20. I have a LOT of dvds.

I seemed to have skipped over blu-ray and have gone directly to streaming. Between Amazon, VUDU, Google and other streaming services, I have about 200+ titles available for streaming in addition to what's on Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, Britbox, etc.
              If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

I only own one Blu-Ray set (so far), and it is the Lost in Space Complete Series because it was one of my favorite TV shows.
                Everything else I have is on DVD, and I have no desire to upgrade and buy everything all over again.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by RonnyG
                  I only own one Blu-Ray set (so far), and it is the Lost in Space Complete Series because it was one of my favorite TV shows.
                  Everything else I have is on DVD, and I have no desire to upgrade and buy everything all over again.
                  How is the video quality of Season-3 ?

The DVD release was extraordinarily bad (like worse than VHS quality)

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

hundreds. I probably have 1000 movies/tv shows between DVD and Bluray

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

It is crystal, and I mean crystal clear. As with Star Trek TOS, it's like truly seeing it for the first time.

12455_26_large.jpg

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

10 I have Ironman and Catching Fire also.
                        IMG_20180831_173635098.jpg

I don't see myself going all in, I've been to way too many garage sales and flea markets show to ever pay $20 for an an individual movie again like DVDs were 15-20 years ago.
                        If it's not old or obscure it will show up, cheap!!
                        I found half of my Blu-rays for $1

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

It's a hundred times better! That's the reason why I upgraded! I watched season 3 first. The picture is very sharp. You can tell it was remastered: you can see every pore, and fabric texture. It's almost like being there in person! LOL

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

Oh geez, I have no idea at this point. I was buying DVDs since 1998 and Blu-rays (and HD DVDs) since 2006, I probably have several hundred of each format (and that doesn't include all the VHS I used to buy pre-1997). It would be in the thousands by now except for: A) I've cut down my disc purchases A LOT over the past several years, once I realized how many movies I bought that I never re-watched, so questioned why I needed to own a majority of them, and B) I've tried selling a lot of my movies over the years. I've done good with some OOP titles but I still own a lot that are worth pennies on the dollar now. *sigh*

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

I have Star Trek (TOS) on Blu-ray and love it, I also have the series on DVD and enjoy watching it almost as much, the only other Blu-ray I own is the Jurrassic Park trilogy and Jurrasic World and Man of Steel.

I just have so much already on DVD, that if I want something on Blu-ray it has to be something I don't already have
                              or something I have on DVD, but want bad enough to get it also on Blu-ray, like Star Trek.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎