X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

New Monster Display at Micheals

I got this for $20 CDN at Michaels (I had a 50% off coupon) and well, it's perfect for 3 3/4" Monsters.

39998633_10216638259258756_6743686996520075264_n.jpg
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

WOW! That's perfect.
    Thanks for posting this!
    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Damn Brian. I was literally just there at lunch today and this caught my eye. It didn’t dawn on me to be used like this. Guess where I’m going after work?
      Last year I displayed these figures in the Scooby Doo haunted castle.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Sweet. And thanks for including Erik, he's usually odd-man-out at the monster mashes.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Sweet. And thanks for including Erik, he's usually odd-man-out at the monster mashes.
          I grew up on Lincoln Monsters, he's in every mix for me.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Very cool, would make a nice Halloween display, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

I was at Michaels yesterday, and I saw that, too! I lifted it up, and it's quite sturdy and heavy. I don't have those monster figures, but I do have the Scooby-Doo monster action figures about the same size.

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

Got one last year, pretty sure I posted it around here somewhere. There is also a light up box that looks like the front door of a cathedral or crypt. Going to add one of those this year.

CCC.

Comment

• generic
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                  I got this for $20 CDN at Michaels (I had a 50% off coupon) and well, it's perfect for 3 3/4" Monsters.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23708[/ATTACH]
                  Ever since first seeing this post, I'd been meaning to look for this at Michael's. They are having a 50% off sale today, so I was able to get one for $15 +tax. It really is a nice, sturdy display and the skulls are just about the right size for 3 3/4" Monsters!
                  Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by LordMudd
                    Got one last year, pretty sure I posted it around here somewhere. There is also a light up box that looks like the front door of a cathedral or crypt. Going to add one of those this year.

CCC.

CCC.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Perfect, especially with Halloween approaching.

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Never considered some of the Spooky Town stuff might go with the 4" scale figures. Have to go back and look at some of mine. The figurines that go with them are considerably smaller so buildings and such would be under-scaled, but there are some things that are more "table accents" that might work.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I was a Michael's today: In the woodcrafts section is a dollhouse-style medieval castle that is hinged to open up. It has staircases and interior rooms on two floors, and it is scaled for 4=inch figures. It has a clasp and carry-handle, too. Listed at $25.

Between paints and scrapbook paper as wallpapers/textures, a decor could approximate the Mad Monster Castle.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
                            Career Member
                            • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            I was a Michael's today: In the woodcrafts section is a dollhouse-style medieval castle that is hinged to open up. It has staircases and interior rooms on two floors, and it is scaled for 4=inch figures. It has a clasp and carry-handle, too. Listed at $25.

Between paints and scrapbook paper as wallpapers/textures, a decor could approximate the Mad Monster Castle.
                            I remember seeing that or something similar last Halloween at Michaels. I almost bought it, but it's kind of big (space is an issue for me), plus the fact that it's unfinished and you have to decorate it like you mentioned. Still, it could be a good deal with one of their 40% off coupons.

castle.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

^Thank you for posting that.

I'm a big fan of Mego's Witch's (Knights') Castle, so it appealed to me. But it's definitely a project. Could be fun with the Remco,/Funko/Super 7 Monsters, though.

Melissa & Doug (love their toys) has a style combining simple paint schemes with patterned areas; I could see this castle done like that. Maybe add a cell door to one of the rooms.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎