Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Monster Display at Micheals

Images
    Perfect, especially with Halloween approaching.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Never considered some of the Spooky Town stuff might go with the 4" scale figures. Have to go back and look at some of mine. The figurines that go with them are considerably smaller so buildings and such would be under-scaled, but there are some things that are more "table accents" that might work.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I was a Michael's today: In the woodcrafts section is a dollhouse-style medieval castle that is hinged to open up. It has staircases and interior rooms on two floors, and it is scaled for 4=inch figures. It has a clasp and carry-handle, too. Listed at $25.

Between paints and scrapbook paper as wallpapers/textures, a decor could approximate the Mad Monster Castle.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I was a Michael's today: In the woodcrafts section is a dollhouse-style medieval castle that is hinged to open up. It has staircases and interior rooms on two floors, and it is scaled for 4=inch figures. It has a clasp and carry-handle, too. Listed at $25.

Between paints and scrapbook paper as wallpapers/textures, a decor could approximate the Mad Monster Castle.
    I remember seeing that or something similar last Halloween at Michaels. I almost bought it, but it's kind of big (space is an issue for me), plus the fact that it's unfinished and you have to decorate it like you mentioned. Still, it could be a good deal with one of their 40% off coupons.

castle.jpg

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^Thank you for posting that.

I'm a big fan of Mego's Witch's (Knights') Castle, so it appealed to me. But it's definitely a project. Could be fun with the Remco,/Funko/Super 7 Monsters, though.

Melissa & Doug (love their toys) has a style combining simple paint schemes with patterned areas; I could see this castle done like that. Maybe add a cell door to one of the rooms.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images

If you are going to get one now is the time. Take a Hobby Lobby 40% coupon and buy something. You should get a coupon good for 50% off any one item this Sunday and Monday-Labor Day sale. Use that for the castle.

CCC.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Do you mean Michaels, not Hobby Lobby? And how does one get a 40%-off coupon that will lead to the other discount? I appreciate the advice.

Images
    Do you mean Michaels, not Hobby Lobby? And how does one get a 40%-off coupon that will lead to the other discount? I appreciate the advice.
    Michael's accepts Hobby Lobby's coupon. Search online and print it out.

CCC.