Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announced Figures (Restarted August 30, 2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Yeah, I don't get putting Man-Bat on a hulk body.

I like the headsculpt though, so I'm looking forward to customizing this one---probably gray or brown standard body, ape hands and screaming werewolf feet and a basic pair of pants. Hopefully the wings won't be too tricky to figure out.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

I kind of understand what they were going for...flying creatures have enormous chest muscles to move the wings but usually small underdeveloped legs. I wonder if you could attach our gang legs to a Hulk torso... That actually might look cool...

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

LOVE the Joker head. That reminds me of Irv Novick's artwork, which was always my favorite artist for this character.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

The Joker came out great.

It looks like they used the over-sized Teen Titans 7" Robin head for the new 8" version, which is... PERFECT!

Besides Nightwing's hair being wrong, I think the glove cuffs are too high. They should easily slide down, I think. The extra boot details are missing in the Plastic Memorial website pictures (they are in the newsletter picture).

Man-Bat... I don't know. It's not ideal, but it's not bad. Headsculpt is fantastic and I can't wait to see what people do with it. Is this a preview of how Hawkman's wings will be done?...

I'm not sold on the open mouth Cheetah. The Wonder Woman line, in general, has been underwhelming for me.

Did FTC fix the neck on the new Scared Shaggy figure? The neck looks smaller than on the regular release.

Scooby Doo Creeper just makes me want to buy the whole Scooby Line. I've held out, so far...

If only The Clauses hair (and Santa's beard) matched the snow whiteness of the characters on the package.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'll say it, Man-Bat really misses the mark IMO. I've seen simpler, more effective customs. Only the headsculpt is passable.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
              Radioactive!
              • Feb 13, 2010

Their take on Man-Bat is puzzling to me: I wonder if using the hulk body is some kind of a cost saving measure?

I do like the head sculpt, though---looks like what Mego might have done mid-70s.

Comment

• OCSuperman
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 4, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
                The Joker came out great.

It looks like they used the over-sized Teen Titans 7" Robin head for the new 8" version, which is... PERFECT!

... Scooby Doo Creeper just makes me want to buy the whole Scooby Line. I've held out, so far...
                I agree! I recall FTC mentioning a new classic Batman, no? I'd like to see how he goes with this Robin and Joker.

Bring on more Scooby villains!

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Alright!! That Joker looks GREAT!! SOLD!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Nightwing and Robin are nice.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• rodkeith
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 16, 2008

The Joker and Robin look incredible.

Nightwing is pretty solid, no real complaints.

Man-Bat... uh... what?

It's like everyone else is drawn by Adams, Novick, or Garcia-Lopez, and then, arbitrarily, poor Kirk Langstrom gets based on Mike Mignola. Excellent head sculpt, but I just don't understand the thinking behind the rest of it.

Comment

• zaphod
                        • Dec 19, 2011

So when FTC says they will have figures in December, does it mean they will actually get them in February? Are they waiting until everyone has spent their $$$ on christmas presents?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Dang, Man-Bat is a miss for me. Would like to see him out of the package before I completely pass on it tho.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Figure8
                            Museum Patron
                            • May 18, 2016

Interesting bunch of figures. I already liked the new Robin head but it looked much too big on the 7" version. I don't see any scale issues here and I'm sure to 'bite' this time. The Joker turned out quite nice but I think the sculpt is just a bit too cartoonish for my taste. Now Man-Bat ... Surely not my favorite character and some weird design choices. But still there's something I like about that figure and I might just end up buying it too.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by zaphod
                              So when FTC says they will have figures in December, does it mean they will actually get them in February? Are they waiting until everyone has spent their $$$ on christmas presents?
                              I feel like last year they had a batch go up for sale right before Christmas. So it was actually in December, but very close to the actual holidays. I could be misremembering.

I was hoping Black Canary would be available by now.

Comment

• comicmike
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 22, 2009

I like the Man-Bat headsculpt.

I'm more of a classic Neal Adams Man-Bat fan. If I end up getting this one, inevitably, it'll be heavily customized for my collection: Grey skin/fur highlights, leaner musculature (I'm thankful I got a few extra Retro-Action Darkseids on clearance I've been saving as 'Plan Bs' since the original FTC announcement); and those pants have to be longer. Conceptually, there is something fundamentally 'nice' that I see here, and I'm very curious about how those wings really look! Yet, the final product /prototype only inspires my customizing-brain toward more plan-making. I think I'd be happier with painting the latest Marvel Sauron arm-wings parts instead, and adapting them into a Mego-like/Mattel body (and, gosh, because I'd also prefer clawed hands and feet). This larger body reminds me of Adams' more contemporary Man-Bat from Batman Odyssey.

Moreover, I am really digging the taller FTC bubble (like what I would also like to see for a Hawkman), and that wonderful Marshall Rogers - Terry Austin merchandising art on the packaging clearly originates from 1977, in Batman Family #12, page 11: It has impact, IMO.

Last edited by comicmike; Dec 5, '18, 9:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎