Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if...1943's Batman serial was an A-list studio film?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't begrudge Elmer Gantry (Jones!), but Lancaster should have won for Sweet Smell of Success. I think that film was just too dark for its day.

I also like Lancaster in Brute Force, Seven Days in May, others from the '60s.

Great Cooper story, Ian.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I don't begrudge Elmer Gantry (Jones!), but Lancaster should have won for Sweet Smell of Success. I think that film was just too dark for its day.

I also like Lancaster in Brute Force, Seven Days in May, others from the '60s.

Great Cooper story, Ian.
      I agree. That’s my favorite anecdote and so true.

I’m not as big of a fan of Seven Days In May. However, after making 1947’s Brute Force, Lancaster made prison reform a major cause of his for the rest of his life. It was still a big talking point for him in the 1970s while on the Dick Cavett Show....that and trying to quit smoking because he wanted to stay in good shape and to do so was running at the UCLA track, but cigarettes were affecting his progress.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm watching Ava Gardner right now and can see her as Selina Kyle.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎