Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if...1943's Batman serial was an A-list studio film?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I agree about his hindsight.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Blake, could be, he was always very energetic. (Or Blake could be Billy Batson, I always think of Billy as a little younger than Robin.)

To me, Karloff is Clayface I, but I certainly think he'd be a great Prof. Strange.

Tierney would be a good Catwoman. She was chilling in Leave Her to Heaven. That film is where I got the idea for Darryl Hickman as Robin.
      I like Lugosi for Clayface better.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Goblin19
        ...The Joker. Jack Palance if you want to go super creepy.
        You may be on to something, I'm watching him right now.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

^ Another TCM watcher, I see.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Every day, or almost. I'm addicted to it. It's really influenced this thread lol.

Edit: Gad, a Joan Crawford melodrama is just starting and the producer is William Dozier. Joan should've been on Batman, she might have made Nora Clavicle tolerable.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 31, '18, 9:06 PM.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

I liked Joan in those movies like Mildred Pierce. She was great in that era. But, by a few years later, she just wasn’t appealing to me.

- Ian

PS. Do you like Jean Arthur? I thought she was great in every film that I saw her in.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Ah, Jean Arthur. Vastly underrated, just her voice and delivery is terrific. I agree with you and highly recommend Wilder's A Foreign Affair.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

^ Yes, that’s a great film! I believe I’ve seen just about all of her movies, but that’s a stand-out.

- Ian

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Crawford would have been great on the 66 Batshow. She was doing a lot of B stuff around then, so probably would have done it.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I agree, I think she would have had fun on Batman. She did a Man from UNCLE which I have not seen.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

here we are veering off course.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Um, yes--but you brought up Batman '66.

Edit: Oops, no that was me with Clavicle. Sorry.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

ha!!
                            Did anyone mention Scarecrow yet?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

No. Perhaps Raymond Massey. I didn't suggest any B-list foes.

Comment

• Goblin19
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 2, 2002

Jean Arthur, Myrna Loy, and Bette Davis are my big 3 for favorite classic actresses. Sorry to continue veering.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎